at High Point 11/10

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

at High Point 11/10

Postby boulder3m on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:18 pm

Little better start for whole team. Fletcher has hit a couple of early 3's abd at tge first TV TO we are up by 4. Problem is that the TV feed doesn't show the clock. OK, got it. Up by 4 at the under 8 TO. 26-22.
At the under 4 TO, up by 7-has been as much as 10. Fletcher with 11. Holowell has 6 as does Hoover. Cam steady and staying out of foul trouble.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Re: at High Point 11/10

Postby boulder3m on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:42 pm

39-26 at the half. First half summary: We are moving the ball very well on offense and finding open shots. Cam is playing smart; rebounding and passing well. We know what talent he has if he can play smart. Storm Murphy is really handling the point well. He is moving the ball and shooting well also. Fletcher has let the game come to him, and playing within himself. Aluma doing good job on the boards. Hoover shooting well and playing smart. Our defense has been very solid. No real weak spots. Matt got some cheap early fouls and is on the bench. Overall I would say we have played with poise and talent. Our assist to turnover is 8-2, which I consider a big stat. We are shooting 50%, and so is HP. However, we have taken 8 more shots than them. Don't know our points per possession, but guess that it is well over 1. The TV is not showing the crowd much, so can't tell how many are there. Our guys are playing like the veteran team they are, and the senior leadership shows. Good coaching job to get them on track after the big hype at home.
At the rate we are going this game may be over by the time the football game starts.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:13 pm

Came out soft in the second half. Nearly halfway through we are only up by 4 and not playing well. Missing shots and not strong on defense.
At the under 8 TO we are up by 5 with the ball. It has become a big man's game with Cam and Keve pounding against their bigs. Cam is a man under the basket. This last 7:47 will be a grind.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Interesting coaching by MY. Left the freshman point guard in during some important minutes and he did well. We are up by 8 after a Fletch 3 with under 4 left.
Another Fletcher 3 puts us up by 7 with 1:41 remaining. We have stunk against the press here in the second half. Cam has done his impression of a point guard a couple of times and gotten away with it. Need to get better at handling the press.
It over, but not a pretty finish. After a good first half we kind of stunk it up in the second. Give credit to HP. They played hard and made a game of it. That may be the Tubby Smith effect. It's a win against a quality opponent on the road.
Predictions- Our guards will be better at handling the press in the future. Cam Jackson will get a lot more credit down the line. Our freshmen will get lots of playing time. High Point will improve all season.
OH, and the big one-Player of the Game: Cam- He had a double double and solid all around game, even though Fletch had 19 points.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:44 pm

68-60 final...Dogs win. It wasn’t flawless, but it was a good win on the road. We can build on this. Our seniors lead the way just as they need to in games like this...Fletch 5-8 from three and Cam with a double-double of 13 points and 11 rebounds. Storm Murphy, who is becoming a bona fide threat offensively, also got into double figures with 14 points and a couple of treys for Trey (Hollowell) off the bench. Snack time well earned!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Good analysis above, fellows. Sloppy second half but Cam and Storm settled things down, with Fletch hitting some timely shots. I like what I'm seeing from this team. And we just scored a TD in Cullowhee.
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:26 pm

Nice win for us. HP has ratcheted up their game under Tubby.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball