Wofford vs. Appy

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Postby TURKEYCREEK on Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:40 pm

I read that Wofford doesnt have the money to hire a proven coach and staff. Are there any facts to back this up? What is MY paid? How does it compare to other SOCON coaches? What are the assistants paid and how do their salaries compare to other SOCON assistants?

What is the definition of a "proven coach"? One that has won conference championships and been to postseason play multiple times? Can a "proven coach" be a current high school or lower division college head coach?
TURKEYCREEK
2008 Bowl Pickem Co-Champ

Postby Ruckus on Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:24 pm

While I am not 100% convinced a coaching change is needed (okay, 98.9%), SOMETHING has to change. Economics or not, I, as an alum, don't want to EVER hear another team say or it even appear that any Wofford team did not "want it as bad" as their opponent. Poor crowds, smaller budgets, and fewer scholies do not and cannot affect a team's desire to win. There is no excuse for lack of effort. It doesn't mean we will win every game but it damn sure means we come to play 110% in every game. We of all schools can't afford an effort level of less than that. While we've come to expect that in football, that's not happened in basketball for sometime. It's not a talent issue from what I've seen.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

rowdy brought a knife to a gun fight

Postby LITTLEGIANTS on Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:01 pm

ruckus must have majored in debate
LITTLEGIANTS
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball