Spring Practice Report: Week 2

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Spring Practice Report: Week 2

Postby Terriertime on Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:27 pm

The Terriers practiced Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday of this week. The Terriers got a lot accomplished this week, as they practiced in full pads all three times. The coaches are extremely pleased with the effort and intensity up to this point. Spring practice is really going well.

Today, the Terriers completed a 2 hour work-out, with the last hour being a full scrimmage. The first hour was spent going over special teams, reviewing assignmnets, and doing several "team pass" drills prior to the scrimmage. I would have to say today was an offensive dominated scrimmage as the offense scored 3-4 times, and moved the ball well all day. Both QB's looked good, OL was solid, and the backs and recievers made some plays. That is not to say some defensive guys didn't play well also. Layton Baker had several sacks, Justin Franklin made some key plays, and Rashad Vance (Fr. Corner) had a breakout day with several pass deflections and an interception. Overall, it was a good day with no major injuries, just some bumps and bruises. So, two weeks are down, and they are still two and a half weeks to go. The Terriers have completed 5 of the allowed 15 practices. So far, so good...

P.S.- There are several injuries still:
Marty Bauer and Ben Miller (O-Line)- Shoulder
Aaron Moody (Running Back)- Concussion
Michael Hobbs (Running Back)- Ankle, but did participate in limited action today.
Kyle Lanham (TE)- Knee
Jason Leventis (OLB)- Shoulder
I may have missed some, but htose are all I could think of.
Terriertime

Postby fgs44 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:02 am

Who was playing nose tackle? I gathered that Baker was lined up at DE/DT-----
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terriertime on Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:48 am

Bryan Blair (Sr.)
and
Jared McCullough (Rs-Fr.)
Terriertime

Postby Ruckus on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:36 am

The blurb in the G'ville news yesterday made it sound like Widmeyer had his way with the defense. How is Collier stacking up against Widmeyer? How did Kevious look?
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terriertime on Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:36 pm

Ben played very well, but Josh did some good things also. I think both will see a significant amount of time during the season. Kevious is what really made the offense dominant on Saturday. He is really what the Terriers were missing last year offensively. Again, my expectations for the upcoming season are very high; however, I also fully understand we need a little bit of luck to have a repeat of the '02 and '03 seasons. Go Terriers!
Terriertime

Return to Football