Spring Practice Report: Week 1

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Spring Practice Report: Week 1

Postby Terriertime on Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:49 pm

The Terriers began the first of five weeks of Spring Practice on Wednesday, March 1. The Terriers practiced twice, on Wednesday and Saturday, in short and helmets (per NCAA rules). There will be one remaining practice in shorts and helmets on Monday, and starting next Wednesday the Terriers will be in full pads, and then will scrimmage next Saturday, March 11.

Week 1 Observations:
The effort and intensity from the first two practices was outstanding. Everybody was eager to get on the field and start working to improve on last season's 6-5 record. The Terriers had a GREAT 8 weeks of strength and conditioning work-outs prior to spring practice, and it looks as if the momentum carried right over to the field. The coaches seemed to be very pleased with this week's work. I hate to get too excited, but this team seems to be a great mix of senior leadership and young players. The team chemistry is as good as it's ever been, which is huge. But, like everyone knows to make a deep run in the play-offs, you must have some luck. Anyways, it's been only been two days of practice in helmets and shorts, and the position battles haven't really heated up yet, but so far so good. Go Terriers!

P.S.- There haven't been any major injuries yet, just a few bumps and bruises which is great.
Terriertime

Postby WoCofan on Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:41 pm

The practice on Monday will be in full pads. Guess it's time to get after it a little bit.
WoCofan

Postby ShortHairedDog on Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:56 pm

Is the scrimmage on the 11th open to the public?
-ShortHairedDog
ShortHairedDog
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCofan on Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:57 pm

I'm sure it is. I don't see why it wouldn't be. I mean its gonna be in the stadium so I think it would be.
WoCofan

Return to Football