Thoughts on Spring Ball

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Thoughts on Spring Ball

Postby WoCofan on Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:33 pm

I was just wondering what everyone is thinking about the backfield. With Kevious and Hobbs in the backfield, I think we should be pretty tough. The o-line should be pretty good as well. Having Marty Bauer back in the fall will be a big plus for the offensive line as well.

Just trying to see what everyone is thinking?
WoCofan

Postby Bigfan on Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:48 pm

The oline is the key to KJ and Hobbs doing it, the paper said for now that two guys would be doing double duty- Marty is still out. It also said he has had several sugeries - hope he heals completly, but he isn't participating in spring drills. Do you think that the oline is as fast as it was in 03?
The other aspect of spring ball I am very interested in is the QB situation.
Ayers always says he's gonna pass more- is he gonna pass more?
Bigfan

Postby WoCofan on Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:11 pm

As far as the o-line goes, I don't know, they have a lot of young talent who all can move pretty well. If Hobbs and Kevious can get a small space to work with, they both can make something happen. QB position is gonna be very interesting. Collier is great qb and has all the potential but Widmeyer wastes no time is pulling it down and running if nothing is there(personally i like that) i think josh will be the starter in the fall though....
you never know about throwing the ball though...in spring they work a lot on passing and then never see it in the fall so i don't know...what paper was that in about the double duty??
WoCofan

Return to Football