SoCon Tournament

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

SoCon Tournament

Postby ShortHairedDog on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:14 am

It seems with the Furman win over the Citadel last night, we are pretty much stuck one place from the bottom of the South Division. Even if we win out, Furman loses to GA Southern, and CofC losses out, it will be a three way tie and Furman gets the nod over us since they beat us twice. Not sure what they would do with the tie between us and CofC...maybe go to overall record.

I still think with the way we are playing right now, we can beat anybody in the conference. I just get concerned about playing so many days in a row.
-ShortHairedDog
ShortHairedDog
True Terrier Fan

Postby BossTerrier on Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:47 pm

The way they seed the tourney this year the final place in the divisions are meaningless. The top five teams in the conference, regardless of division, receive a bye for the first round. The bottom six battle it out on day one. That still means we're on the outside looking in, either way you slice it. Right now we are in eighth place, and best we can do is sixth it appears. Furman is in fifth and a tie would go to the purple. At eighth look for us to play the #9 seed on day one, followed up with the #1 seeded team on day two if we advance. If we can win out we have a shot at a 6th or 7th seed, which gives us a much better chance in the tournament. Check out www.soconfans.com for good info-
BossTerrier
2008 SoCon Pickem Co-Champ

Postby BestOfBreed on Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:14 pm

We need Western to lose tonight... Western is up by 7 at the half though.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby ShortHairedDog on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:59 am

Looks like we have the 8th seed wrapped up and will be playing either ASU or Greensboro in the first round. Not sure which one I would want to face as both contests this year were extremely close.

Anybody going to the tournament this year? Last one I went to was in Greenville when Chadwick hit the last second shot to beat Davidson. Man, that was great!
-ShortHairedDog
ShortHairedDog
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:15 pm

Looks like it's App State vs. Wofford to open the SoCon tourney next Thursday, March 2.

Game 1, Session I — #8 seed vs. #9 seed - 3:30 p.m.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby ShortHairedDog on Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:57 pm

Don't like having two loses going into the tournament. We just gave away that lose against the Citadel. I hate they had to get their lone conference win agains the Terriers. They are not a better team than us. Hopefully we can make it by App State in the first game. I feel pretty good about either GSU or Elon in the second round. I would rather play the Phoenix at this point. Got to get by App state first though. That one bothers me.
-ShortHairedDog
ShortHairedDog
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:32 pm

The Citadel game was just bad. The App State game bothers me too. GSU in the 2nd round will be out for blood... if we get that far.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby ShortHairedDog on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:03 pm

Didn't get my wish for Elon in the second round. If we get to Friday, Ga Southern will be ready for us.

Is there going to be any kind of pick'em for the socon tournament like there was for the Div 1-AA football tournament?
-ShortHairedDog
ShortHairedDog
True Terrier Fan

Postby BestOfBreed on Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:06 pm

The SoCon Tourney pickem for Round 1 is up now :)
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Return to Men's Basketball