@ VMI

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

@ VMI

Postby Hobo on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:17 pm

I just tuned in. Doesn't look like Cam is playing. Anybody know his status? Thanks

Edit: just said he is in concussion protocol. Didn't make the trip.
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Re: @ VMI

Postby woffordgrad94 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:08 pm

Mike Young said he was okay on the Monday coaches show! Surely he knew that Cam was in concussion protocol and would not play in this VMI game then? I wonder why he didn’t tell us that? I think we’ll be okay without him tonight, but we’ll really need him Saturday!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby crabbyterrier on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:42 pm

We have not looked good in the second half at all. Fletcher has been off too. Still leading by 16 with a few minutes left. We went without a point scored for over 5 minutes in second half!!! We better be on our game Saturday against ETSU!!!

Go Terriers!
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:59 pm

We really did not play well and still we won by 17 on the road (would have been 20 if not for a half-court shot at the buzzer). Probably an indication of VMI’s ineptness more than anything else. Fletcher was cold shooting the ball all night. It was obvious we missed Cam inside. But we got the win and it was never really in doubt- and all road wins are good wins. Stack another conference W, 6-1 now, and hope that Jackson is back Saturday. As an aside, VMI had some loud annoying fans in the stands trying unsucessfully to “troll” us and their announcers made me thankful for Mark and Thom.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:01 pm

Not pretty, but still another snack time road win to stack up. I think we can still feel ok about this one knowing Fletch was 1-10 from 3 point and Cam didn’t make the trip. Those 2 things are hopefully not going to happen again, especially on the same night. Stumpe, Murphy and others stepped up big again and that gives everyone a boost of confidence to know they can do it when needed. Rest up, heal up for ETSU.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier13 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:06 pm

Their whole program says small time. Announcers kept saying David Hoover and misidentifying the action going on, we had to play without a clock above the backboard for a possession, several fouls were a bit chippy and then the aforementioned fans. Whatever, we won, we get snacktime and now we heal up, get some shots up and get ready for ETSU on Saturday.
Terrier13
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier13 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:09 pm

Also, UTC got a win tonight over Sammy and Furman lost on the road against UNCG. The gap at the top is starting to open up- makes that loss in Greensboro sting even more now that we're losing the head-to-head tiebreaker for seeding.
Terrier13
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:12 pm

Chattanooga is going to be much better now IMHO now that they have their key guys playing again. London was a beast against us. I think they will be quite dangerous come March and could definitely be a spoiler if not a dark horse.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:38 pm

Sounds like a good thing I missed it. Still, it is good that occasionally we have to have good play from unexpected sources. We went a little deeper on the beach tonight to get help. Anyway, the game that matters now is on Saturday night with ETSU pulling away at the top. Get right Cam, and come back strong quickly.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:57 pm

I was at this game. It wasn't a terrible one. Fletcher was certainly cold, but Trevor Stumpe continued to impress.

We went deep into the bench for this one and had some good minutes by some guys who haven't gotten to play as much. Given that, Cam's absence (he wasn't even on the sideline, didn't make the trip), and the fact that we won by 17-20 (while also leading by double digits for most of the game), there's not much negative you can say.

We *need* Cam back Saturday. I hope it was just a precaution that he didn't play tonight.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball