Why Zion W. should come to Wofford

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Why Zion W. should come to Wofford

Postby lawdog on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:10 pm

Steph Curry is not a good example of potential one-and-done.

I have read that Davidson was his only offer out of high school, and that even Va. Tech, where both of his parents were well known scholarship athletes, did not offer him. Rivals however reports that he had several other smaller program offers, including Va. Tech and Wofford. Either way, Steph was not in great demand and was a classic example of someone under the radar who worked his tail off to get better. He did not get a lot of publicity until his third year when Davidson progressed in the playoffs. Even when he went pro, the word was he would not make it because he was not a good ball handler; he worked to make himself a great one.

I think Fletcher Magee is approaching as good as Steph was in college; some of his numbers are better. Fletch has the same work ethic and stands a good chance to have professional success. Fingers crossed.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Re: Why Zion W. should come to Wofford

Postby walliver on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:33 pm

Art Vandalay wrote:
youngterrier wrote:Curry didn't graduate. It's the only reason they haven't retired his number yet

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... graduation

I knew he was taking courses in the NBA off season, and just assumed he graduated. He's been away from Davidson a long time so he may never get that degree.

According to the article, Davy doesn't offer summer classes. It looks like he will need to take a year off after he retires if he wants to graduate.
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball