SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Postby boulder3m on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:56 am

That four home game stretch is why the game yesterday was so critical. UNCG just totally shut us down in the second half. It was disappointing that we had nothing for them, and we can be assured that they gave every team in the league the blueprint. Now it is our job to make the necessary changes to overcome. We have to find scoring from somewhere other than Fletcher, and inside should be the answer. UNCG is very talented. They are tall and have one of the great shooters who cannot be left alone. Their adjustment and defense in the second half has them flying high, and they are probably now the team to beat in the league. The second half was the finest 20 minutes of Wes Miller's coaching career by far.
True Terrier Fan

Postby dude on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:04 pm

It was easy to hope after the win over UNC that Wofford would be able to roll into SoCon play and just take care of teams. And with a 14-point lead at halftime yesterday, that seemed very possible.

But, alas....

There are other good teams out there; Magee is going to have tough games (or halves of games); Wofford needs other guys to step up; Wofford is still young at some positions and there's learning to be done. Still, I'm pretty optimistic. To be in a strong position to win on the road against a strong UNCG team suggests that there's real promise for the T-Dogs. And the game should give the players and coaches plenty to study and learn from.
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:09 pm

MaGee held scoreless in 2nd half and we only lost by 4 on the road. Good sign of things to come....
We are ok.
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:20 pm

I still can’t believe we blew this game. And even moreso, I can’t believe that Fletch was held scoreless in a half. I guess we forget the guy’s human. Oh well. We have four home games in a row now and I think we will bounce back very well. UNCG was a tough opponent on the road; we are still okay. Happy New Year everyone.
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball