Thank you......

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Thank you......

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:19 pm

To the Wofford family for having us in your school and program. To the fans that took us in and welcomed us, we truly appreciate you. It has been a wonderful experience being apart of this program. I hope we never caused you any shame with our passionate and LOUD support of these boys.

To the wonderful young men that we have encountered over the years that play / played for Wofford. You are shining examples of True scholar athletes and the way you always represent your school, fanbase and family is always first class. It has been a joy to watch you all. You are forever etched in our hearts and minds for you steely resolve, the heart you have shown, the brotherhood. You never blinked in the face of adversity and always showed your mettle.

To the coaching staff......for you continued guidance and mentorship of our young men. You never over promised nor under delivered. You always did exactly what you said you would do. And for that I will always be grateful. As a parent sending his young son 5 hours away to school, it meant the world to me to know that it was you that I could count on as another set of eyes on my prized possession.

And to you #19.......I have all types of emotions on this one and I will be sorting those out over the next bit of time. You have been amazing. You never wavered in the face of adversity, you battled through a litany of injuries most don't know about, you were a warrior for us in a pretty thankless position in this offense, and instead of pout or let that negative energy fuel you, you always chose the path of the warrior. Blocking on the perimeter fiercely, going up and making play after play, it has been a joy being able to watch you from a young man playing grasshopper and pee wee football to grow into a leader on a team that has won a SoCon championship, made back to back Quarterfinals appearances, back to back 10 win seasons.....I will always treasure this ride with you. And as this chapter comes slowly to a close, I anxiously await the next chapter in your life journey. You have always made us proud with how you have always carried yourself. I love you kid......

And to the parents of the players that we have been blessed to meet and share this road with......I APPRECIATE YOU. And I hope that you share the love and admiration and respect I have for your young men. I have laughed, cried, and all in between over the last 4 years with these young men....and i Wouldn't change a single thing. Please relay our love for your players.

It has been an amazing ride......I am still sorting out how I feel knowing its the last time RJ gets to suit up in his black and gold........
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Re: Thank you......

Postby youngterrier on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:21 pm

Thank you and RJ for helping the program get back to where it needs to be!
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:41 pm

Thank YOU! RJ was a fine player for the Terriers and he’s by all accounts a fine young man. Best of luck to him going forward.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:55 pm

Once a Terrier, always a Terrier, Ross. It’s like a cult: once you enter, you can never get out.
You’re stuck with us, whether you like it or not.
You and your family have become woven into the Wofford fabric and cannot be removed.
Your son has made us all very proud and I hope Wofford has enriched his life as it has ours.
Now, when he is able, maybe he can pay it back for some other kid from Northern Ky, or Southern Ga, or eastern Tenn, or Atlanta, to experience the same life changing education Wofford provides.
I am very sad I won’t see RJ suit up again in #19 in the Old Gold and Black but I am so happy to welcome him into the Wofford letterman and graduate fraternity. He has a bright future. Godspeed....
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:35 pm

#19 has grown into, in my opinion, one of the very best receivers Wofford has had in the D-I era. He has earned respect on the field from Wofford fans and rivals, he has gotten a first class education that will serve him well for the rest of his life and he and his teammates have earned a SoCon championship ring together to reward their excellence. I am proud of what he as accomplished as a Terrier and I know you are prouder still.

Wofford's football program and Wofford's fanbase are both a pretty consistent bunch. Fiercely loyal, justifiably proud, stubbornly determined and occasionally inflexible. In short, we do it "our way". And while that has worked well for many years, sometimes someone great comes along and makes it all even better. Your son's leadership has made Wofford a better place and your participation in that, both as a football parent and as a member here, have made the Wofford community better and stronger and for that, I thank you both.
SoCon Champs '03, '07, '10, '12, '17
FCS Playoffs '03, '07, '08, '10, '11, '12, '16, '17
FCS Semifinals '03
D-II Playoffs '90, '91
NAIA Finals '70
SC Little 4 Champs '48, '49, '50, '51, '52, '54, '56, '57, '61, '62, '63, '64
Cigar Bowl Participant '50
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:00 pm

19 it has been a pleasure having you on the board. We can only wish the best for you and your son in the future. Once a short haired dog always a short haired dog. Hold your head high and remember who you are.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:15 pm

I agree with all of the above and wish you, RJ, and the rest of your family the best. I also selfishly hope you will stay an active member on this board because I always enjoy your contributions. #TerrierStrong
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby dungeonjoe on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:26 am

RJ will not always play football, but he will always be a Wofford alumni. He will be fighting the fight of life with integrity and intelligence. You will be even more proud of him in the years to come.

I think we would all appreciate his thoughtful contributions to terrierfans in the future.
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby Retiredterrier on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:55 pm

19 I will second all of the above. Good luck to you and RJ.
Retiredterrier
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football