Georgia Tech Dec 6

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Georgia Tech Dec 6

Postby Hobo on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:11 pm

I think they said on the PA yesterday that it's a Blackout.
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Re: Georgia Tech Dec 6

Postby T-Dog 4 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:27 pm

In looking at the Yellow Jackets results thus far, this seems like a game we should be able to compete in, provided we play good D and shoot it decently from 3. Tech is 4-3. No real signature wins. They beat Bethune Cookman by 3, Northwestern by 1, North Texas by 14, and Univ. Texas-Rio Grande by 10. They lost to UCLA by 3, Grambling St by 1 and No. 24 Tennnessee by 7. This is an excellent opportunity to build on the win at Coastal and to see how much progress we've made. Let's go!
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby Retiredterrier on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:32 pm

MY says we have a long way to go and he is not completely satisfied with any part of the team. But he seemed optimistic and looks forward to the season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIXpdl6TjJw
Retiredterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Tonight, 7 pm, ESPN3. This is a game in which we should be very competitive. GT is pretty good, but has had ups and downs, e.g., lost to Grambling.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:14 pm

Where is Tim? We need some guys who are willing to sell out to rebound the ball. Cam gets cheap fouls, and no one else appears able to rebound. Without an inside game, we are reduced to trying to work for low percentage threes.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:01 pm

YESYESYES WWWWW
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:16 pm

There’s no doubt this is a great win, beating an ACC team, but does it bother anyone else some that one player was responsible for over half of our points?
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:16 pm

Good win.

I have faith in this team.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier13 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:20 pm

We definitely need to be more balanced to have long-term success but that takes me back to the Karl Cochran game on the road against UTC a few years back where he went off and just refused to lose. Heckuva win by our guys. Sometimes you just need a special player ala Steph Curry and you can go far. We're an inside post player away from being legitimate SoCon contenders.
Terrier13
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 pm

Yep. The return of Trevor Stumpe seems to have helped the team. Now if Cam Jackson can play to his potential and one or two of the other post players can step up and become more of a force and Storm Murphy can continue improving at the point we will really have something.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Final 63-60. We shot 36%, they shot 57%. Magee, with 36 while defenders were hanging all over him. GT had 17 to's, we had 6. We played hard, defense very good at times.

Murphy - played an excellent game. Floor general, gutsy. Missed some early, hit some late. Big heart, fearless.
Magee - amazing, as good a shooter as you will see. Assists and rbi's too ... complete game. Fearless.
Jackson - As announcer Cremins mentioned, looks a little heavy; appeared slow at times. Had some flashes some, disappeared some. Some silly fouls.
Needs a few more moves. Valuable contributor.
Hoover - hit some good shots, but needs to help more and get more involved.
Stumpe - Ditto. Valuable size and scoring punch, experience.
Pegram - Competed hard, needs to be more of a factor on O and D. No points.
Aluma - becoming a force around the basket, especially on D and rebounding. Raw but learning fast.
Theme-Love - good ball handler, timid penetrator and needs to make more happen, and score more.
Brooks - Relatively passive, needs to make more happen; good size/frame, could become a shut down defender.
Last edited by lawdog on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Atldog7 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:32 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about the inside game tonight. Lammers is a handful down there and altered/blocked a number of shots. I really like what Aluma brings to the table, he just needs more reps. We will need more consistent play down there once Conference play begins but Tech is a solid defensive team. They will be better than they showed tonight once Okogie comes back, fortunately for us, he was out tonight and we took advantage.
Atldog7
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:51 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Atldog7 wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about the inside game tonight. Lammers is a handful down there and altered/blocked a number of shots. I really like what Aluma brings to the table, he just needs more reps. We will need more consistent play down there once Conference play begins but Tech is a solid defensive team. They will be better than they showed tonight once Okogie comes back, fortunately for us, he was out tonight and we took advantage.

I agree. Cremins even said Lammers was all ACC defensively and that we won’t see anyone like him in conference play. Cam knows he needs to make better choices and I see him getting better with this when he’s in conference play, too. As for Fletch doing all of the scoring, I’m not so worried. He’s a special talent for sure, and so when he is hot, we feed him. We were much more balanced in our scoring against Coastal which showed me we aren’t a one trick pony. I would like to see Pegram be more of a force.

Great win no matter how you slice it. First signature win in the JRIS, too! Many more to come.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:06 pm

In postgame interview, Magee said this is the first time the JRIS has rocked, and noise was better than BenJo.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Next

Return to Men's Basketball