Furman Part 2

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Furman Part 2

Postby Ruckus on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:15 am

Hey FuFan do you love the embarrassment of having all the sh*t talk your fans and players made last week thrown back at them after our win? Do you love losing twice to us in one season? Do you love losing 4 straight times to us? Do you love watching us win a SoCon championship? Or having our second straight 10 win season? Or going to our second straight quarter final appearance?
Did you even see the alleged infraction? Since when did pointing your finger become a penalty? Much worse than your DC crap talking to our players after our September win?
Go back to your off season......
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:22 am

FuFan wrote:Did you love the taunting call 19 ?

Let's take a minute to admire (see: laugh at) the mindset of this post.

This person waited until *after* we beat the breaks off his team to go after the parent of a player, just because the parent of a player acts like a normal human being (supports his son, his team, is vocal about it...idk that's being a good dad IMO)

How butt hurt do you have to be to do that? Do you think to yourself "ah yes, I'm feeling down about my team's loss, but do you know what will make me feel better? Going on their forum and talking crap to a parent of a kid who made a mistake but otherwise sliced up our secondary like swiss cheese. Yes I know that will work" and then, put forward the effort to actually to do it?

Like, how sad do you have to be?

Get a life, enjoy the offseason. I think if the Novemberist Furman fans weren't the worst they'd have a lot more respect from people.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby FuFan on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Prolly too strong, congrats on the win, you were much better. So our DC taunted? Tell me more if you don't mind.
FuFan
Terrier Pup

Postby WTFan on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:13 pm

FuFan.....since you've nothing better to do than take a cheap shot at a player's dad Furman could probably use a little help this morning packing up and putting away their equipment until Spring.
WTFan
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:21 pm

FuFan wrote:Prolly too strong, congrats on the win, you were much better. So our DC taunted? Tell me more if you don't mind.

I have no idea about the DC, but as I told one Furman fan via PM on AGS, the social media universe the players inhabit is not the same as the ones the fan do on uffp2 or terrierfans or AGS. A lot of them are mutual followers on twitter and snapchat friends, etc.

I graduated from Wofford in 2016 and I'm still facebook/twitter/snapchat followers/friends/mutuals/whatever. Around Thursday night or so someone posted a screenshot video (I don't know how that works with snapchat) of two young men, I presume Furman players talking trash (I won't get into the details). There was an OL on twitter for Furman talking trash (who, more power to him was a good sport about it after the game) too. If I saw that, you can guarantee our team saw that. And chances are there was more of it. It's possible Wofford did some jawing on social media too, but I couldn't say for certain.

Devin Watson tweeted Friday or Saturday something along the lines of "you don't have to fear us, but you will respect us"

So I think what you saw on Saturday, with the jawing and the taunting penalty (and other stuff) was Wofford blowing some steam off. They've been hearing for months about how they aren't as good as Furman because it was early in the season, margin of victory, etc and when the bracket came out, though there was some uncertainty they knew who they would be playing and they wanted to show who they really were.

TL;DR a freshmen laden Furman team got a little bit of a big head and talked smack to Wofford. Wofford got pissed off, played their best game of the year, and beat the breaks off of them.

I just hope they bring the same intensity (sans Penalties) saturday in Fargo.
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:29 pm

Second hand but reputable source says DC piped up to one our players he recruited at CSU that after he recruited his players into the program they would kick our a$$. Have no idea if true but I respect the source. Heat of the moment stuff I know.
While this has nothing to do with Clay Hendrix, I want to add that I personally know Clay and have so much respect for him and the job he has done. As anyone on his board will tell you, I have been advocating for him to take our helm when MA retires for a while now.
I know FU doesn’t like losing to its little red headed step brother.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:39 pm

FWIW......RJ is a grown man, and if he did something outside the lines, that an official needed to throw the flag to send the message that they wanted to control the game, I am good with it. And as one of our emotional leaders on the field, we need his energy, and his perimeter blocking, as much or moreso than his receiving ability oftentimes. Also, FWIW, I am completely ok with our team showing emotion, its a violent game, against a rival, and while I certainly understand some good trash talking, you better make sure you can stand the heat for your actions, and better back it up with the play on the field. Both of which I am pretty confident #19 was able to do 8) . I will never try and control a players emotions, but I prefer for them to not be drive killers when they make those mistakes. I didn't raise a robot, so things happen, we learn and get better for it in the long run.........we also move on to the QuarterFinals while doing it. 8)

Also......We short haired dogs are a family...as you can surely see from the response of my brothers and sisters. We rally around each other in adversity. Much love to my Terrier family. I can appreciate the Furman trash talking, even taking shots at me as I am an open book, and completely capable of handling such discussions. That being said, at what point do you wave the white flag and just own that Wofford was just the better team this season, and trash talk at this point is......well........desperate.

P.S...I just got off the phone with RJ...and after scolding him for his penalty he gave me a random fact....He leaves the rivalry winning 4 in a row against Furman and a 4-1 record over 4 years (shrugs...who knew).....
#TrollProof

:D :D [-X [-X [-X
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:24 pm

"I didn't raise a robot"

I like the quotable 19 :D
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:32 pm

:D :D :D
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:46 pm

I watched the game live
I watched the replay
I watched IWF
Have been talking about it with my wife almost nonstop (she, a Chattanooga grad, was at the game and cheering loudly for the Terriers)
Showed the highlight of the fake FG TD to my classes this morning (I teach at Clemson)

I have most enjoyed this!
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:11 pm

19TERRIER19 wrote:FWIW......RJ is a grown man, and if he did something outside the lines, that an official needed to throw the flag to send the message that they wanted to control the game, I am good with it. And as one of our emotional leaders on the field, we need his energy, and his perimeter blocking, as much or moreso than his receiving ability oftentimes. Also, FWIW, I am completely ok with our team showing emotion, its a violent game, against a rival, and while I certainly understand some good trash talking, you better make sure you can stand the heat for your actions, and better back it up with the play on the field. Both of which I am pretty confident #19 was able to do 8) . I will never try and control a players emotions, but I prefer for them to not be drive killers when they make those mistakes. I didn't raise a robot, so things happen, we learn and get better for it in the long run.........we also move on to the QuarterFinals while doing it. 8)

Also......We short haired dogs are a family...as you can surely see from the response of my brothers and sisters. We rally around each other in adversity. Much love to my Terrier family. I can appreciate the Furman trash talking, even taking shots at me as I am an open book, and completely capable of handling such discussions. That being said, at what point do you wave the white flag and just own that Wofford was just the better team this season, and trash talk at this point is......well........desperate.

P.S...I just got off the phone with RJ...and after scolding him for his penalty he gave me a random fact....He leaves the rivalry winning 4 in a row against Furman and a 4-1 record over 4 years (shrugs...who knew).....
#TrollProof

:D :D [-X [-X [-X

Anyone who ever doubted that you can handle yourself, either doesn't read your posts or is deserving of the beat-down he just took for poking the bear. I'm guessing we've seen the last of him... at least until next year. Regardless, we do have your back. You mess with the Terriers, you get the teeth !
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby crabbyterrier on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:20 pm

FuFan wrote:Prolly too strong, congrats on the win, you were much better. So our DC taunted? Tell me more if you don't mind.

I was told by a VERY reliable source that the Furman DC said to one of our players "Wofford will never beat us again as long as I am D.C. At Furman!" Now, that same DC went up to that same Wofford player and apologized after the game his past Sat.

Go TERRIERS!!!
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:38 pm

I was told by a VERY reliable source that the Furman DC said to one of our players "Wofford will never beat us again as long as I am D.C. At Furman!" Now, that same DC went up to that same Wofford player and apologized after the game his past Sat.

Go TERRIERS!!!

To be fair....he didn't specify when he was starting his aforementioned winning streak....maybe he meant starting NEXT season.....although that would lessen the impact of the trash talk if he didn't at least mean the game he was actually coaching in....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Furman players, fans, had a whole lot to talk about PRE-GAME...and apparently we can add Coaches...... IN GAME........ [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:26 pm

Just to clarify- I never meant to equate veterans with former players. As a matter of fact Wofford is the only stadium in which I have been asked to salute as a veteran and later asked to stand. HOWEVER, more years ago than we care to count, back when Wofford was all male, I was head cheerleader for three years. I wished then I could have been a player but wasn't talented enough, so I did my par; and knew every player on our team on a first name basis. I like it when the parents of our players wear shirts or jerseys telling what number their son is wearing. I would hope that at the Wofford Athletic Office there would be a person who could help ANY former player coming back to a game, and I would love to see former players wearing a badge or button that says something like "Former #46" and maybe the years on that badge. We appreciate what you did on and off the field and I think it ought to be a part of the game experience. I would hope that would be enjoyed by the former players and their families, and likewise by the alumni and fans.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:38 pm

I'm no marketer, but I'm willing to bet the reason we don't see more special treatment of former players is because they're the ones with a higher propensity of buying season tickets.

If they aren't...free tickets should totally be a thing. There's probably no more than a few hundred (a thousand tops). It's not like we sell out games.
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Football