Furman becoming Yankee wannabes?

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Furman becoming Yankee wannabes?

Postby woffordgrad94 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Just look at how Furman schedules Elon, a well-known Yankee haven, in every sport. They probably actually were disappointed when E-Loan left the SoCon, even though E-Loan is obviously a very poor fit for the SoCon. It seems like Furman is moving away from being a good southern school and becoming another Southern Yank outpost. I see FU eventually moving to the CAA.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Re: Furman becoming Yankee wannabes?

Postby youngterrier on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:13 pm

not really.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Re: Furman becoming Yankee wannabes?

Postby walliver on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:07 am

woffordgrad94 wrote:Just look at how Furman schedules Elon, a well-known Yankee haven, in every sport. They probably actually were disappointed when E-Loan left the SoCon, even though E-Loan is obviously a very poor fit for the SoCon. It seems like Furman is moving away from being a good southern school and becoming another Southern Yank outpost. I see FU eventually moving to the CAA.

Furman has always had a bromance with Elon, even before Elon joined the SoCon. On the other hand, I doubt FU wants the kind of rapid expansion that Elon has undergone recently.

FU (and El Cid) to the CAA comes up every 5-10 years, but unless FU is really ready to up their travel budget (and build a new basketball arena) that is unlikely. El Cid moving with CofC already in the CAA is extremely unlikely.
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball