Gamechickens

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Gamechickens

Postby T-Dog 4 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:03 am

While it’s always a great thrill to take on one of our in-state big boys, get the nice paycheck and get the exposure,etc., I hate the fact that these games now seem to get scheduled at the end of our season and right before playoffs.

Gamechickens looked really vulnerable early in the season, but they seem to be playing much better now. Historically, USC has struggled to defend the run, but they are always athletic and I doubt Mushchamp will take us for granted. On O, Bentley likes to sling it.

Would love a win, but really praying we come out of this game healthy and that we don’t lose the momentum we picked up from yesterday’s convincing win...and clinching the conference championship .

Lets go you SHD’s. Fight the fight!
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Re: Gamechickens

Postby SmallTownTerrier on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Elvis... Caught in a Trap? Wedges between a big W vs FLA. and playing at Clemson... Really don’t care what Muschump says or does, those chickens are looking to another T word... Tigers.

Ruck... You got anything on Wilson (didn’t play yesterday) and Clemmons (left game, appeared to be concussed)? Other than those guys and of course Horton, we appear to be healthy.

Also, anybody know what the check’s worth for Saturday’s game? Ballpark figure 650,000?
SmallTownTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Just get out of there injury free! This is basically a meaningless game...I think we have clicnched a playoff seed already! Granted a win might push us up a couple of spots, but it is just not likely to happen.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:10 pm

SmallTownTerrier wrote:Elvis... Caught in a Trap? Wedges between a big W vs FLA. and playing at Clemson... Really don’t care what Muschump says or does, those chickens are looking to another T word... Tigers.

Ruck... You got anything on Wilson (didn’t play yesterday) and Clemmons (left game, appeared to be concussed)? Other than those guys and of course Horton, we appear to be healthy.

Also, anybody know what the check’s worth for Saturday’s game? Ballpark figure 650,000?

Clemmons came out with a separated shoulder. The Training staff popped in place (players gathered to watch and winced when it happened). Then everyone just stood around and laughed about it.

I have no idea how bad the injury is (I don't know how the biology of shoulders work) but he seemed like he was alright.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:15 pm

I would be surprised if we got as much as $500,000. USC and Clemson play the in state FCS teams because they can bus to the games and expenses are not high. We have no leverage to ask for more than SC St, Furman, Cit, etc. I'm sure that our players love to be on the field with an SEC or ACC team and see what the difference may be. It just seems anti climatic for us at this point to go down there before the playoffs. Our guys have proven themselves more than once this season.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby SmallTownTerrier on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Thanks YT... Would guess he will be fine by playoffs... Also would think Wilson was held as precautionary reasons... Stay healthy Saturday and be ready to go.
SmallTownTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Datavious will be held out of USC.
Clemons is in a sling today. Separated shoulders depend on the degree/grade of separation. A little, ok; a lot, surgery.
Lufkin is waiting on his knee brace. No surgery expected.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:31 pm

On another note, we are really young at LB now with the injuries to vets in the last couple of years
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby SmallTownTerrier on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Thanks for update... Wilson and Clemmons have been huge in middle...Sounds like Wilson is good... Hoping Clemmons shoulder not too bad... Just saw McLaughlin projection... Has us 6 and hosting Delaware or Kennesaw.
SmallTownTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby crabbyterrier on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:16 pm

SmallTownTerrier wrote:Elvis... Caught in a Trap? Wedges between a big W vs FLA. and playing at Clemson... Really don’t care what Muschump says or does, those chickens are looking to another T word... Tigers.

I would be surprised if the paycheck was more than $250,000. It's not like it used to be when we typically received $500,000 per FBS game. The last several times we have played USC and Clemson I was told or read somewhere that we have only received between $200,000-$250,000.

Again, just come out healthy!!!

GO TERRIERS!!!
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby WocoSix on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm on the other end of the spectrum. Play the game to win! No matter who the opponent you are always playing to the highest standard of yourself. You never play the game with a mindset of "let's just play the game to not get anyone hurt". Playing against SCAR will only help to vault us to the main prize of a National Title. If you want to be mentioned with the JMU's and N Dakota St in FCS, our team and fan base better embrace the opportunities of beating FBS teams. Give'm hell TDawgs and if our nose gets blooded get back up and fight some more!!
WocoSix
True Terrier Fan

Postby crabbyterrier on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:51 pm

Interesting threads on Cocky Talk:
http://cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=234848

http://cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=234845

Favorite quote: "I'd rather play Bama".

GO TERRIERS!!!
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:29 pm

FWIW, the all-knowing ESPN Matchup Predictor gives us a 3.7% chance of winning this game. For frame of reference, Mercer and El Cid have a 0.3% chance of beating Bama and Clemson, respectively. Meanwhile, Western has a 8.6% chance against a pretty weak UNC squad.

What their little "predictor" doesn't take into account is that being the prohibitive underdog is right in the sweet spot for these short-haired dogs!
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:15 pm

I think we will show up and play our hearts out. These SHD's, to their credit, do not know how to play another way. While we have a few nicks, we will still be able to put talent on the field. Focus, play for each other, no mistakes. We get a bye next week so we can get ready for the FCS playoffs then. Intaminatus fulget honoribus.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:23 pm

obviously its a tough one already. And we are extremely banged up unfortunately. I just want us to get through this with no more new casualties.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Next

Return to Football