Western Carolina 4-1. 6-2
Furman 4-1 5-3
Samford 3-1. 5-2
Mercer. 3-3. 4-4
Citadel. 2-3. 4-3
East Tenn State 1-3. 3-4
Chatt 1-4. 1-7
VMI 0-5. 0-8

While we will need some help along the way. We are still in a great spot. Win out and we will have our share of the SoCon crown, we have the tiebreakers over the teams tied with us (Samford is a game behind), and I don’t see Samford winning out and they have played a less game than everyone else. Our goals and conference title are still in reach. Today’s game should reinforce that. To play so poorly at times, have every bounce or call the other way and still have a shot at the end to win, should energize and refresh our group to finish strong. SoCon crown within reach.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Re: Silver Lining

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:03 pm

All our goals are still right in front of us. We still hold the cards. Yeah we may need help with Samford in the long run but they are a game behind......they are a game short. I don’t see them winning out
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby walliver on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:13 am

Sammy still has to play FU and Mercer
Western still has to play FU and Mercer
FU still has Western, Sammy, and the Citadel (a game where the better team doesn’t always win. I suspect FU-Samford could be an eye-opener.

IF we win out, in two-way races we beat out WCU and FU. Sammy would have the advantage, but a 9-2 Terrier team would get an at-large. In a three way tie, we would win if it were us-FU-WCU, most other scenarios get complicated.
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:43 am

Interesting. Sammy, WCU, FU, and MU are strong; anything could happen. And beware of Cid. How did Chatt sink so fast?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Retiredterrier on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:51 pm

ld you ask 'how did Chatt sink so fast ?'. I do not know the entire answer but IMHO I know at least part of it. First their coaching staff changed completely except for one coach or something very drastic. Certainly enough to make it more difficult for the team as a whole to adjust and to play at the same high level. Second they lost key players and some were on the OL. Not sure about the number of guys they lost on OL but it was significant. One of the players lost was the RB Craine who was a beast. Their version of EB (not that he was as good as EB but he was their guy when they needed yards). Third they changed their defense. I do not think they are going to be down for a long time though. Once the new coaches get adjusted and their defense improves they should get better. Don't have any idea how long that will take though.

And speaking of silver linings, it seemed like to me that this game was Newman's most complete game and he stepped it up a notch. So he should have more confidence now and hopefully he will get more PT. I like Goodson and he should have the majority of the PT in the remaining games but Newman at the same time should get more PT. IMHO Newman is a much more exciting player to watch than Goodson.
Retiredterrier
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football