Preseason polls

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Preseason polls

Postby woffordgrad94 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:22 am

Althon has the Terriers finishing 5th (behind Samford, Furman, UNCG and Mercer). Street and Smith has us finishing 2nd (behind Furman). And Blue Ribbon has us finishing 5th (behind Furman, Samford, Mercer and ETSU). Also, Street and Smith says that Wofford has the biggest homecourt advantage in the conference. Overall, I’m a little disappointed we didn’t get more love from two of the three, but I guess that last season’s results are the reason for that and we have to go out and prove ourselves, especially on defense. Preseason predictions are to be taken with a grain of salt anyway. I still say we have the players and talent to win the SoCon if things gel. Oh, and no matter what we need to find a way to BEAT FURMAN! I don’t like them being better than us!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Re: Preseason polls

Postby youngterrier on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:34 am

Midmajor prognostication is a crap shoot anyway.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Re: Preseason polls

Postby dude on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:26 pm

I was thinking that Furman has lost a lot of talent from last season....?

If the point guard spot can be solidified, I think Wofford could be very, very good. I believe this could be a breakout season for Cam Jackson (big-time) and for Matt Pegram. There are other post players in the mix who I'm thinking can help.

Magee, of course, is great.

Replacing Garcia's outside shooting -- in addition to his overall leadership and poise running the offense -- will be key. I think Hoover might really come into his own as a scorer.

Others?
dude
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball