2017-18 schedule has been released!!!!!

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

2017-18 schedule has been released!!!!!

Postby woffordgrad94 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:01 pm

http://www.woffordterriers.com/news/201 ... edule.aspx

All in all I like it. This is probably the most home games we've ever had in the D-1 era. Seven non-conference foes will visit the JRIS, highlighted by South Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Harvard. North Florida from the A-Sun also visits. The only negative is three of these foes are non-D1: Washington & Lee, Bob Jones, and the mighty chefs from Johnson and Wales. One or maybe even two lower division teams is understandable but three is a bit too many. But I guess making out a schedule is hard to do- not everyone wants to play you or can play you. On the road, we visit Cal Berkeley, Texas Tech, and UNC, along with UNC Asheville, Coastal Carolina, and a neutral game with High Point in Asheville. Then there's the conference schedule of course where we play all nine teams home and away. So it's a pretty demanding schedule. Maybe the non-D1 games are for a break- our team is still relatively young after all. Overall, I'm excited for the schedule and the season!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Re: 2017-18 schedule has been released!!!!!

Postby lawdog on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:03 pm

Thanks WG94!

Excited about this schedule. Love especially playing USC, UNC, Tech, Cal Berkeley, and Harvard. Would have done something instead of Johnson and Wales and Bob Jones; however, that is good for morale, to give the second and third teamers a chance to show that, yes, they got game too.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Re: 2017-18 schedule has been released!!!!!

Postby Ruckus on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:06 pm

In a word: tough.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball