All Americans

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

All Americans

Postby lawdog on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:07 pm

http://www.goupstate.com/sports/2016121 ... -americans Well done Anton and LoLo. But no Wofford D players? Kicker?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 6200
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:22 pm
Location: NC

Re: All Americans

Postby LITTLEGIANTS on Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:21 pm

Marvin's omission is a travesty. 14 FG's over 40 yards. Amazing

First team kicker made two from more than 40, none over 50. Marvin had 7 plus 50.

Second team kicker had 9 greater than 40, a good year until measured against DM.

Voters should be embarrassed.
User avatar
LITTLEGIANTS
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:03 pm
Location: Travelers Damn Rest

Re: All Americans

Postby boulder3m on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:28 pm

On Twitter there are congratulations to Marvin-1st Team AA; Lorenzo-2nd team AA; and Warhby, 3rd team AA. This is from STATS, evidently. Don't know how Marvin got overlooked before, but he definitely deserves it.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: 150 mi away from where my heart lies

Re: All Americans

Postby lawdog on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:58 pm

Here is STATS. Marvin first team, LoLo second, Wahrby third.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i ... 8655035304
lawdog
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 6200
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:22 pm
Location: NC

Re: All Americans

Postby WTFan on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:58 am

Marvin clearly the best kicker at the FCS level if not all of college football. We know it and apparently STATS knows. The others must be smoking crack. Speaking of Marvin, he is listed as a junior but he is graduating, correct? I know he's one of the smartest kids at school and plans on a career in medicine but didn't remember if he will play his senior year or not. Anyone know for sure? My apologies if this has already been covered.
WTFan
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: All Americans

Postby lawdog on Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:50 pm

Why we could not get him 5-10 yards closer at the end of the YSU game, I will never know and forever rue.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 6200
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:22 pm
Location: NC

Re: All Americans

Postby crabbyterrier on Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:32 pm

WTFan wrote:Marvin clearly the best kicker at the FCS level if not all of college football. We know it and apparently STATS knows. The others must be smoking crack. Speaking of Marvin, he is listed as a junior but he is graduating, correct? I know he's one of the smartest kids at school and plans on a career in medicine but didn't remember if he will play his senior year or not. Anyone know for sure? My apologies if this has already been covered.

Marvin will not be back next year. Debating between going to medical school and trying out for NFL.
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
User avatar
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 11:45 pm
Location: The Beach

Re: All Americans

Postby boulder3m on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:21 pm

http://woffordterriers.com/news/2017/1/ ... stars.aspx

Never more proud than when our guys are on the true academic teams. We know they are student athletes, but sometimes we forget.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: 150 mi away from where my heart lies

Re: All Americans

Postby Hobo on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:34 pm

a UNC friend of mine said Marvin visited UNC over the weekend and could play immediately since he will graduate from Wofford. Anybody else heard anything? Both his parents went to UNC and were athletes there.
User avatar
Hobo
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 1742
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:51 pm
Location: Clemson, SC

Re: All Americans

Postby youngterrier on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Hobo wrote:a UNC friend of mine said Marvin visited UNC over the weekend and could play immediately since he will graduate from Wofford. Anybody else heard anything? Both his parents went to UNC and were athletes there.


That would be awesome and I would be happy for him
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
User avatar
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 3226
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:25 am

Re: All Americans

Postby Hobo on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:49 pm

youngterrier wrote:
Hobo wrote:a UNC friend of mine said Marvin visited UNC over the weekend and could play immediately since he will graduate from Wofford. Anybody else heard anything? Both his parents went to UNC and were athletes there.


That would be awesome and I would be happy for him


Most definitely!
User avatar
Hobo
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 1742
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:51 pm
Location: Clemson, SC

Re: All Americans

Postby boulder3m on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:09 pm

What a great opportunity for him. Get a jump on a medical career and get to show his talent on the largest stage. There are very few Universities he couldn't help.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: 150 mi away from where my heart lies

Re: All Americans

Postby lawdog on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:21 pm

True Boulder. Win win for Marvin. He graduates with a double major in bio and chem (he redshirted his freshman year), and signs with the NFL now, or he gets another free year of education at UNC Med School and then another hard look from the NFL after that year as kicker/punter for UNC.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 6200
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:22 pm
Location: NC

Re: All Americans

Postby Hobo on Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Marvin to UGA apparently
User avatar
Hobo
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 1742
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:51 pm
Location: Clemson, SC

Re: All Americans

Postby lawdog on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:31 pm

One of two FCS players awarded nationally. http://woffordterriers.com/news/2017/4/ ... -year.aspx
lawdog
True Terrier Fan
 
Posts: 6200
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:22 pm
Location: NC

Next

Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest