FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Cheating @&&$&&@"" Youngstown plays ineligible players

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm

4 players. 3 are major contributors failed
Drug tests after the Jacksonville state game
And still played against us. Now all of a sudden they are going to sit against EWU. Complete load of crap and Pelini and Treesel are scumbags. Knew they needed every man on deck to beat us.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Re: Cheating @&&$&&@"" Youngstown plays ineligible players

Postby lawdog on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:52 pm

Why is that not a forfeit?

That is what happened at Ohio State when Tressel did the same thing. Plus, he got fired. http://heavy.com/sports/2014/12/bo-peli ... -contract/
Last edited by lawdog on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:57 pm

You tell me. Sick of seeing the ones that do it right. The hard way, get punished and teams
Like that get the gift of slaps on the wrist for cheating. Horsecrap
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby walliver on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:51 am

Tressell is now the President of YSU, so the institution is going to do nothing.

We may make fun at times of the academics of some of our opponents, but no-one in the SoCon or Big South would ever appoint a football coach as college president.
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:14 am

Actually they should have been made to forfeit the game with Jacksonville St, because that is where the drugs were used. One report says that more were tested after the game with us, but I guess in the NCAA way those tests won't be ready before the game with Eastern Washington. Sad that the penalties can't come sooner, but more sad for the game.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:29 am

IMO - this is an integrity issue not an issue involving competition (unless the drugs were PEDs). They beat us regardless. Ruiz their starting RB only played one play (per Pelini, a "coaches decision") so no real harm there. If Pelini and Tressel and the NCAA don't think it's a big deal then it's their problem and shame on them. But it doesn't really change the outcome of the game. They beat us. End of story.
BTW - I'd be all hopped up on drugs too if I had to go to school up there.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:41 am

The failed drug tests were after the JSU game.

And 2 of the 4 are mainstays on the defense. It is a competition issue and an integrity issue

That happens at Wofford. The kids don't play. Point blank period. And we know this for sure with our own team.

Rules are rules. Failed tests mean players sit. Mandated by the NCAA. Those players played while knowingly facing a suspension.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:06 am

But NCAA has a 3 strike rule. The school can choose how it wants to impose punishment for the first 2.
While I don't agree with it, YSU is not in violation of anything but questionable morals and priorities.
Before we get too high handed about this issue, we too have have had issues with positive drug tests in the past (one starter on this year's team as I understand it). Now granted we handled it much differently than YSU but this is a far too common occurrence in this day and age of legalized marijuana and the federal government not prosecuting drug crimes as fervently as a result.
Kind of hard to draw a hard line when state and federal governments are giving passes. Again I don't agree with it at all.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:50 pm

yeah, I mean, I'll admit my connections with the football team are indirect and becoming dated but that sort of stuff happens...no one talks about it but you hear things on occasion, if that makes sense.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:02 pm

The whole things speaks to the integrity tf the YSU footbal program. They have none. They still played these guys because they wanted to win at any cost. They have no morals or integrity. They are not interested in the futures of their young men. It looks like they are the polar opposite of Wofford. Our foil, our antithesis. If this happened at Wofford, those players would be suspended. At a minimun. And we all know that Jim Tressell is a lowdown scumbag cheater who has no place on a college campus.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:34 pm

Well, that was a little heavy handed and generalized. Since I know nothing of what goes on at YSU I will reserve my opinion and wait for official confirmation. All schools have drug issues-period.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:50 pm

Yes, it probably was a bit heavy handed. All except the part about Tressell. He IS a scumbag.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:56 pm

And it continues....
TS tweeting about YSU Starting LB having gun charges and suspended during season but reinstated to play in playoffs. Starting RB Ruiz now has been charged with gun issues on campus.
Pelini won't verify or comment and is taking the righteous indignation route of blaming it on the media and the team's success. Banned from practice today the reporter who broke the story.
Where there is smoke, there is fire.....
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:09 pm

Perhaps YSU should consider changing their name from Penguins to Outlaws.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:30 pm

I have to agree with Ruckus. They beat us. We actually should have won anyway even with their best. However I do think that if this story is true and that the players should have been suspended then someone needs to be punished and not just a slap on the wrist. Make the team ineligible for their conference championship and the playoffs too for at least a year if not two or three. If you punish them enough to make them regret it - as opposed to a slap on the wrist - then they will think twice about doing it again. Another thing is that if you let it go unpunished then these young men think it is ok to break the rules and as a result will take that idea that they can do anything - as long as they don't get caught- and commit something more serious - not during a football game but in a situation where they could bend the rules and take advantage of an innocent person. Anyway that is my two cents worth.
Loyalterrier

Next

Return to Football