Link to the PHANTOM PASS INTERFERENCE CALL!!!! Terrible call

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Link to the PHANTOM PASS INTERFERENCE CALL!!!! Terrible

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:34 pm

Obviously she was still feeling some type of way about that Clemson loss.....she still hates Clemson to this day...lol. I think its hilarious, and I try to picture the teacher reading that out loud and the look on her face had to be priceless.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:36 pm

It was called as an illegal pick but wasn't anywhere close to a pick for the reasons stated. Horrible call.
Did it cost us the game? Ehh....maybe. I don't know. Hard to say. Probably, maybe? But lots of other things cost us the game too: bad decision on 4th down 1st possession, mental errors and penalties etc.
I feel good about this team but they need to play mistake free football from here on out. We just about have to run the tables and it starts this weekend.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby dungeonjoe on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:45 pm

We had 11 penalties...11... This penalty, as bad as the call was, is just one. We cannot win with that many mental lapses.
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby crabbyterrier on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:16 pm

+1
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:28 pm

Totally agree on the penalties overall. Hass no bearing on my feeling of this call. Changed the complexion of the game IMO. Down 1 point at the 10 yard line. High percentage of going ahead by 2 or 6 in the 4th quarter changed how everyone plays. Us and them.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby dungeonjoe on Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:32 pm

I hear that. But the flow of the game would have changed greatly if any of those two or three drives did not stall because we went from 3rd and short to 3rd and a mile because of a mental lapse. Offsides, holding, chop blocks are momentum killers.
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:19 pm

Absolutely
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby FUBeAR5467 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:54 pm

by 19TERRIER19 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:28 pm
...this call. Changed the complexion of the game IMO. Down 1 point at the 10 yard line. High percentage of going ahead by 2 or 6 in the 4th quarter changed how everyone plays. Us and them.

Feel your pain 19. That WAS an awful call at a critical point in the game!

OPI must have been emphasized in the SoCon Officials Weekly Conference Call or Email Newsletter...

Similar play in Mercer @ VMI game. Maybe a little worse of a call, even - called on TE who was trying to run Seam route and Safety jumped him in man coverage....TE tried to avoid contact, but they briefly bumped and then DB trailed him on his route which was nowhere ever anywhere near the pass completed on a 5 yard stop route to the sidelines....which, of course, went for a 69 yard TD that was, of course, called back. The TD would have put Mercer up 31-20 with about 3 minutes to play. I have calculated the net effect of that completely bogus OPI penalty (called by the ref on the sidelines right where the catch was made...what was he looking at?) was that it became a 109 yard, 2 TD (minus 1 for Mercer & +1 for VMI) penalty! Would have cost Mercer the game IF the refs hadn't made another very bad late hit call on VMI to give Mercer a chance to kick a tying FG and go to regulation...which they did..and won in OT.

SoCon Officials FOREVER calling what they think they might could have possibly (but aren't really sure in any way) seen. :dunno:
HS Officiating in GA is MUCH better than the SoCon's! :ref:

...and, don't EVEN get me started on how they, without question, absolutely GAVE TTU a TD the game before.... [-o<
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

FUBeAR5467
Junior Terrier

Previous

Return to Football