ETSU

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Re: ETSU

Postby lawdog on Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:09 pm

Impressive. Nice remarks about Ayers and the SHDs.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby mudrat43 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:45 pm

No worries with ETSU. By-the-way, can you believe they threw the ball 17 times against JCSU? And completed 12 of them! Also completed them to just about everybody eligible to catch a pass. I likey! Now if they would double those attempts, what a hoot. Me thinks a near shutout on Sat. WOF 31 ETSU 10!
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

Postby crabbyterrier on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:52 pm

19TERRIER19 wrote:http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=335

Thanks 19!
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:35 pm

I'm not inclined to think we're going to beat a lot of teams this year by running up the scoreboard, until I see our offense perform at that level I'm pretty scores in the 20s.

Wofford 27 ETSU 17.

Defense gets stops, makes plays, we continue to play smart football with fewer mistakes and turnovers. I don't think we'll be an eye test sort of team this year, but I think we'll be good in terms of fundamentals on paper
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby gofurman on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:21 pm

Help y'all out. Someone asked about the 27.5 line.

19Terrier19 I think. The 27.5 line ETSU mentions comes from five dimes. I just checked. Yup.

Google "five dimes sports book live lines ". Or some such thing. It may take a minute to get there. - you can't just go to five dimes home page and get the lines without being a member I don't think. So I had to google it. Then. click 'college extra' which is third from top on left

Every AA game listed. Wofford --27,5 over ETSU, Chatt minus 11 over Samford, Coastal (FBS) minus 12.5 over my 'Dins

Personally, no offense, but I agree that you will win but that's a lot of points. If I had to pick a side for a bet I would say you win easily but for betting take ETSU plus 27.5. That's a ton. I don't see you guys losing to these guys
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions
85' 01' national finalists
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:46 am

Short Haired Dogs 31, Mountain Marauders 10...as the last post said, we win easily but do not cover the spread.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:49 am

gofurman wrote:Help y'all out. Someone asked about the 27.5 line.

19Terrier19 I think. The 27.5 line ETSU mentions comes from five dimes. I just checked. Yup.

Google "five dimes sports book live lines ". Or some such thing. It may take a minute to get there. - you can't just go to five dimes home page and get the lines without being a member I don't think. So I had to google it. Then. click 'college extra' which is third from top on left

Every AA game listed. Wofford --27,5 over ETSU, Chatt minus 11 over Samford, Coastal (FBS) minus 12.5 over my 'Dins

Personally, no offense, but I agree that you will win but that's a lot of points. If I had to pick a side for a bet I would say you win easily but for betting take ETSU plus 27.5. That's a ton. I don't see you guys losing to these guys

Yeah, I don't think we'll lose (as a homer, among other things), but I think if we score in the mid to high 30s, there's a good chance our opponent has 14-20 points on the board. When we win by blow out margins (say 27 points) it's usually due to our defense being dominant.

We aren't a team that will blow out opponents by 30 unless we get defensive scores and a really good day offensively (I'm not inclined to say that will happen this week, we've had good defensive games all three games this season, but not a "great" offensive day yet). It's just the style of play we have. If we're in a situation up 3 scores in the third we're going to burn clock, not run up the score and play bend but don't break defense. So, if it's 31-10 or 38-14, the score will most likely be in the neighborhood of 45-24 or 48-28.

Again, I don't presume this will happen (sticking to my 27-17 prediction), I'm just trying to limit the imagination when it comes to scoring because we're never going to be a 52-10 victor in division one games while Mike Ayers is coaching.

If I were to put a line on this game I would favor us by no more than 17 points
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:25 am

I'm of the line of thinking that we do have one of those dominant defenses. Terrance Morris is fully back this week which adds an all conference defensive menace back on the field. And will replace the loss of Michael roach. This is as dangerous of a Wofford team as we have seen around here in some recent years. Deep and skilled on both lines. Linebackers are very good with dynamic playmakers in the secondary. The offense is 2 deep across the O line with a stable of backs all that contribute. Lorenzo leads the conference in rushing and will Gay is 5th respectively. Both QBs have been very good all season and both throw the ball very well. Our receivers are as
Skilled and deep maybe as we have ever had and they are very good blockers on the perimeter. Guys. This Wofford team is built as a SoCon title contender and playoff contender. This season is the season that puts Wofford back where it belongs.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:57 am

Agree that on both O and D, we are deep and talented. And some leadership seems to be rising to the call. Have loved Morris since day one. Have been encouraged by our blocking on the edge; both the big guys and smaller guys are out there tagging people. Cannot let up.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:54 pm

19TERRIER19 wrote:I'm of the line of thinking that we do have one of those dominant defenses. Terrance Morris is fully back this week which adds an all conference defensive menace back on the field. And will replace the loss of Michael roach. This is as dangerous of a Wofford team as we have seen around here in some recent years. Deep and skilled on both lines. Linebackers are very good with dynamic playmakers in the secondary. The offense is 2 deep across the O line with a stable of backs all that contribute. Lorenzo leads the conference in rushing and will Gay is 5th respectively. Both QBs have been very good all season and both throw the ball very well. Our receivers are as
Skilled and deep maybe as we have ever had and they are very good blockers on the perimeter. Guys. This Wofford team is built as a SoCon title contender and playoff contender. This season is the season that puts Wofford back where it belongs.

I don't disagree that our defense certainly has the potential to be great, but our offense has to show some more spark than they have. So many times in the last few years our defense has made the plays normally necessary to win a game but because our offense didn't put anything together we've lost. Any defense can wear down if they're on the field enough. The key to being successful is having that offense that'll get just enough done to create a push(TOP, giving rest, points, momentum, etc) for the defense to take advantage
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:18 pm

I am not going to attempt a prediction although I agree with YT that it will not be high scoring. The key to the game is controlling the LOS and not just when we have the ball but for the entire game. Our DL has to pressure the QB but with how they have performed so far this year I would be shocked if they did not get many sacks or hurries. Our OL as well has to block well and not have any drive buster penalties.
Loyalterrier

Postby lawdog on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:16 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:24 pm

I think they will try to 2 and 3 step drop us to death. Keys defensively at least will be stopping the run (as usual), tackling in space and getting them into longer yardage on 3rd down then getting pressure on the QB without stunts. We cannot give up the big play and limit yards after the catch.
Offensely we will face a ton of odd man fronts which typically give us fits. OL will have to step up their game. If we can hit a few passes and have some success finding their keys (who is taking dive, QB, pitch), we should be ok. No TOs on offense and forcing them on D will be critical for us. No big surprises in store: we simply have to execute better than we have yet so far this season.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:57 am

1:30. ESPN3. Mark and Tom.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Football