ITS GAMEDAY YOU SOB'S........

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

ITS GAMEDAY YOU SOB'S........

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:56 am

LETS GET GIBBS ROCKING AND ROLLING FOR THE T_DOGS TODAY!!!!!!!!! Im in my office Terry Tate'n fools.........LETS GO!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Re: ITS GAMEDAY YOU SOB'S........

Postby Ruckus on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:48 am

I hear ya, 19'!!!!
Love Terry Tate!
"WHEN U KILL THE JOE, U MAKE SOME MO'.....Hi, Janice."

Game day. Let's get it on!
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:01 pm

Pictures me running around the BMW showroom yelling "THE PAIN TRAIN IS COMING....WOOOOOT WOOOOOOOT!!!"
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier13 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:54 pm

Weird play at the Clemson game which unfortunately might look familiar to Wofford fans from a playoff game not too far back. Hope this young man doesn't take it too hard and learns from his mistake. It's not like SC State was going to win anyways. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=17569101
Terrier13
True Terrier Fan

Postby fgs44 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:29 pm

That is some funny stuff--Thanks
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:31 pm

Terrier13 wrote:Weird play at the Clemson game which unfortunately might look familiar to Wofford fans from a playoff game not too far back. Hope this young man doesn't take it too hard and learns from his mistake. It's not like SC State was going to win anyways. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=17569101

The rule needs to be tweaked. When as here the offensive guy clearly gives himself and the ball up deep in his end zone, the play should be ruled over.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:45 pm

I am having PTSD flashbacks from NIU.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:56 pm

Pretty happy with the effort and plenty to be happy about. Too many penalties and spotty offense in the first half. Defense was good all game and we got to play a bunch of players. RJ got hurt on the first series and didn't return. Aggravating the same one from summer camp.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:16 pm

19T, hope RJ is ok. Horton and Alstatt represented the Blue Grass State admirably in his absence.
Last edited by lawdog on Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:24 pm

Yes they did. Very well. We knew they would. Those 2 are going to be very good players for us. Big time. Wofford has done a good job with the kids the have got from Ky. Mase will need to play more for us sooner than later. Kid can flat out play. Mikel too.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:26 pm

And plenty to be unhappy about in that 1st half. One of the worst offensive halfs of football I have seen us play (and after the last 4 years and that's saying something). We should have had 28 plus on the board at the half. Good to see us respond in second half. Thank goodness for the D.
Oh well, a W is a W, I guess.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:02 pm

On the positive side, I was glad we threw it around and let the films give our opponents something to think about. Both QB's ran the toss sweep well. We have runners with the speed to get to the corner easily. The defensive line is beginning to shape up as a real force. It will be interesting to see how they mature during the season. Suddenly next week appears to be a game of much greater importance.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:10 am

19TERRIER19 wrote:Yes they did. Very well. We knew they would. Those 2 are going to be very good players for us. Big time. Wofford has done a good job with the kids the have got from Ky. Mase will need to play more for us sooner than later. Kid can flat out play. Mikel too.

Jones, Bryant, and Way big contributors from up Ky. way too.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:11 pm

We definitely came out flat in the first quarter (though this game's final was lop sided, it was still 7-0 half way through the second quarter).

With respect to Johnson C Smith...they were just bad. Like against Lincoln a few years ago when we won 82-0, we just out athleted Lincoln, but with JCS...they were just bad. I was somewhat concerned for the first 5 minutes or so of the second quarter, and then I realized they couldn't move the ball on us, let alone score. When we got that scoop and score in the second half (the play their QB got hurt) we outgained them 300ish yards to 14. The quality distance between us and a team like Clemson that blew us out last year and us and that team was smaller. I don't say this to pile onto JCS, I'm sure they can put something together (I root for somewhat local teams and I had a teacher in middle school who graduated from there). But their coaching was terrible. They had something like a dozen penalties (officiating was so so in this game for what it's worth). There was no fire in them that I could see, even when the game was close. Neither of their QBs could throw it effectively down field (which may be due to the level of play their used to, but you still have to adjust your playcalling to the talent of your personnel) which is why those two pick 6s were so easy.

So, I'm not surprised that we ran away with this one, and to be completely honest with you I'm also not worried about that terrible first half of football. We clearly came out flat, like we knew we were going to win, and we just didn't put anything together collectively. I think the coaches were trying to work on the passing game (Butler was 10-12 which is good). Right now it's a little weird with our offense, because we didn't have an identity in that game, but not in the sense that nothing worked (like years past) but because we were trying to do things we don't normally do, and so our execution wasn't the greatest.

If the coaches call a good game and the players go after it 100%, we'll win more times than not. The problem is when our spirit gets broken we often play like trash. Looking back at the last 2 years we played a lot better when competing for the playoffs but then mailed it in when we no longer were competitive.

Thankfully, next week is a new week and we're relatively healthy and pretty deep. ETSU beat Western so we have no excuse to think we'll just roll through. We need this game. We need 6 more D1 wins or so to lock up a playoff spot, which will be much more manageable this year because we have 9 winnable FCS games and right now we're undefeated.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football