Depth chart?

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Depth chart?

Postby mudrat43 on Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:24 am

Anyone seen this depth chart that was supposed to be published (according to MA) on Friday?
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

Re: Depth chart?

Postby Loyalterrier on Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:52 am

As for the depth chart there seems to be a problem with the link. For instance click on the Media Guide and you get it. Click on the TTU game notes and you don't get the notes. You either get an error or you get the main page of the athletics site. Hopefully they are still working on it and we can view it sometime this weekend.
Loyalterrier

Postby youngterrier on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:27 pm

Loyalterrier wrote:As for the depth chart there seems to be a problem with the link. For instance click on the Media Guide and you get it. Click on the TTU game notes and you don't get the notes. You either get an error or you get the main page of the athletics site. Hopefully they are still working on it and we can view it sometime this weekend.

can I get a link for both? I can't find it
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby ARTerrier on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:19 pm

Think they may still be working on the game notes, and the link is just a placeholder for now. Could be a glitch, though.
ARTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:25 am

YT you cannot find the link because there is none. At least that is what it appears to me. I suppose we just have to be patient and wait until it appears. GO TERRIERS !!!!!!!!
Loyalterrier

Postby Loyalterrier on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:29 pm

Finally TTU game notes http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/a ... tes_16.pdf

Interesting observations

Miles Brown moved to DE from NT. Not sure how to comment on that.
Devin Watson ahead of Armfield. I know DW is talented and has a lot of upside. But ahead of CA is saying a lot I think
Ostin McPherson as KOR and Pace as his backup
Datavious Wilson as OLB
Gbesee ahead of Domo Lemon

No surprises on O

Questions
Where are Nick Ward, Lincoln Stewart, Terrance Morris & Dylan Young ? They are not ones that were mentioned as being injured. I expected Ward and Morris to at least be in the two deep if not actually starting so I am puzzled by their not being in the 2 deep.
Loyalterrier

Postby crabbyterrier on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:14 pm

NO STARTING QB!!

Ugh...

GO TERRIERS!!!
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby WocoSix on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:33 pm

I am scratching my head on a few of these, but I'm not at every practice or the film room. But the defense is what has me confused the most. I was at both scrimmages and thought some players made cases for locking down their positions.

DL - T. Vaughn was a wild man in both scrimmages
LB - No L. Stewart, T. Morris, or W. Rountree ---Are they injured? I knew D Wilson was special but didnt expect him to start game 1.
CB- Armfield and Lemon seemed like the no brainers, but hey Im not on payroll...
FS- No N. Ward and J. Tillery who filled in nice end of last year
WocoSix
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:05 am

Agreed. Add in the absence of Dylan Young, who has taken a bunch of snaps over the last 2 years, at OLB to boot.
Not many surprises on offensive side of the ball: good to see Basinger and Ralph factoring in on the 2 deep, not sure where Lott is, and Hill backing up at WR is a mild surprise but he had a great spring.
But the defensive side is an enigma. Only thing I can reason is many of these "MIAs" may still have some lingering injury issues and we are inching them along early in the season.
Good to see McPherson and Pace getting a chance to make an impact on special teams.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:19 pm

I think that a couple of the personnel questions may be disciplinary..........
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:45 pm

I hope they are just off the two deep, not out for the game (or longer). Either way, impressed anew with the talent, experience, and depth of the entire group.

Hopefully a number of the surprises are because some guys really stepped up and pushed others, which is healthy.
Last edited by lawdog on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Tnterrier2 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:18 pm

19 hit it on the head. Most of the surprises on the depth chart are off the field issues, that from what I understand are now cleared up. But there are always consequences in a young mans actions....(trust I know about 1 in particular)

I would expect to see the usual suspects on Thursday, even some who are not even listed. As I said when the fall chart came out in the media guide, what's written at the moment isn't necessarily how it will play out AFTER kickoff.

As a parent I want my guy and all of the other players, (like 19, I've gotten to know some of them very well), to act like mature adults all of the time, but I remember at 18-22, I sure wasn't always that myself.

See you guys in Cookeville Thursday. GO TERRIERS!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Oh and before everyone freaks out, the issues off the field are just normal college kid stuff, don't panic, no we are nothing at all like a few other schools who's names I won't mention.
Tnterrier2
True Terrier Fan

Postby Tnterrier2 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:22 pm

Also, I don't know about every situation though...but the ones I do know, I'm certain about.

Our coaching staff does an unbelievably good job at handling these guys off the field as well! Can't stress that enough.
Tnterrier2
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:52 pm

Makes sense. Thanks for the heads up.
I wouldn't think anything to the contrary, Tn2. Even goods kids do stupid/silly stuff sometimes.
Any word on where those F Dbs are as far as adjusting to the college game? Big hopes for Redwood, Alstatt, Paschal and Strawter.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby WocoSix on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:43 pm

Thanks for the clarification. Im sure we have at least 3 deep at some positions. The playing experience for the younger SHD can only benefit the program in the long run. Should be an exciting season and just praying for no injuries and a strong run for the playoffs.
WocoSix
True Terrier Fan

Next

Return to Football