Jacks injured

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Re: Jacks injured

Postby Ruckus on Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:39 pm

However none of that matters a whit unless the boys up front are moving people.....and we should be good shape there too.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo65 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:23 am

What is the deal with Stoddard? It seems like he has been injured ever since he stepped foot on campus.
WoCo65
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:14 pm

Im as excited about the OL as any position group we have. I think we have the opportunity to dominate both sides of the line of scrimmage this season. The big boys up front look the part and we have quality depth. This is going to be a special trip this season. I cant wait
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:43 pm

19TERRIER19 wrote:Having a healthy Will Gay back, mixed with some dynamic ability from some of the young backs as well (Lennox, Oston, Blake etc.....), our backfield is loaded. With 3 battering rams at FB with Lorenzo, Chase and Andre, we are in a very good spot. And our receivers are stock with talent. We have a deep core of receivers as well. We have to feel good about our skill positions and their potential for us. We should really be able to attack you from all phases. Interior between the tackles, on the perimeter and in the air. Put all of that behind what should be a dynamic OL.......the sky is the limit for the ofense. We will miss the offensive playmaking ability of Ev, that being said, I think Goodson and Butler are very adept at passing. So what we lack, we make pick up on the other side. We have plenty enough playmakers to do damage and be versatile in our attack.

I kind of agree with this sentiment, and I think only having 2 QBs (one of which passes the ball really well) will help us be more decisive of who we play, keeps the job, etc.

I've been critical and negative but I still think we have a strong up-side. Let's hope we play up to our potential
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Football