Coastal Carolina

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Coastal Carolina

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:09 pm

If we need a model mid-major program to start emulating, we need to look no further than our own state. Coastal Carolina has a very legitimate chance to get to Omaha...and could even win the whole thing! Their pitching staff is impeccable and they have the best closer in college baseball. They also have great hitters and plenty of power up and down their terrific lineup. They just shut out ACC power NC State and I am pretty sure they will win that regional. They should have been selected as a host site. Coastal has it going on...they are what I dream the baseball program at Wofford will look like one day. CCU has it together athletically...they've also had a lot of basketball and football suceess lately. And Myrtle Beach. And wild parties. And the girls, oh man, the girls...
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Re: Coastal Carolina

Postby BigJohn94 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Lay off the pipe, 94. Put it down, slowly.
"Ultimately, you are not defined by your height, weight, or speed; you'll be defined by your heart, you'll be defined by your passion." Coach Mike Ayers
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby woffordgrad94 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:36 am

I'm sorry you don't like my post Big John, but honestly, is their really any part of it that is not true? I am not one of those people who just stops watching college baseball when Wofford gets eliminated from the SoCon tournament like i can sense most of the people who frequent this little message board do, and I have been watching college baseball regionals both on TV and online for three straight days now and I promise you, Coastal is right there with the best teams. They are one of a handful of teams that could win it all and that is in no way outlandish to suggest. Have you even seen them play? Since they are right in your backyard, I would suggest that you do so in person next spring if you are a college baseball fan. They have been very good for quite a few years now and NO way would I bet against them at least finally getting to Omaha this year. Their regional is paired up with the LSU regional, and they are good enough to win a series at LSU in the super regionals next weekend if they play their best. Kyle Peterson and probably just about any other analyst on ESPN would tell you the same. And truthfully, I find it quite offensive that you would insinuate that I did any kind of illegal drugs, facetiously or otherwise. That's kind of low and I really thought you were better than that. But I guess not. I am very strongly against all that crap. I can promise you that I have never even tried any of it before. I know that you knew me a little bit and while it's true that I've always kind of marched to the beat of my own drummer and not really worried too much about conforming and being like everybody else, but I've never been nor ever will be involved with those kind of drugs. Hopefully I've cleared that record.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby njterrier on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:19 am

Coastal is very good. Have been for some time. Some differences to consider - facilities (their baseball facilities are among the best around) and academic restrictions.
njterrier
Terrier Pup

Postby BigJohn94 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:43 pm

woffordgrad94 wrote: And truthfully, I find it quite offensive that you would insinuate that I did any kind of illegal drugs, facetiously or otherwise. That's kind of low and I really thought you were better than that. But I guess not. I am very strongly against all that crap. I can promise you that I have never even tried any of it before. I know that you knew me a little bit and while it's true that I've always kind of marched to the beat of my own drummer and not really worried too much about conforming and being like everybody else, but I've never been nor ever will be involved with those kind of drugs. Hopefully I've cleared that record.

Sorry, you must've never heard that figure of speech before. There's lots of them out there, so when replying directly to you, I'll make sure to not use them again, just in case that type of jargon hasn't fallen upon your ears.

If Wofford is to model themselves after someone, I'd rather it be a school which is much more similar to ours than CCU. Size of school, Academics, etc. Never did I say anywhere that CCU doesn't have a good baseball team. They do. Seen them play many a game in person and not on Netflix. Their facilities are top notch. I'm sure that if our Admissions office would just open the door and tell anyone to come in, we could model ourselves after almost any program, but that isn't the case. Let's find someone closer to ourselves that is successful.

And let's not go there with the "thought you were better than that" crap. You really don't wanna go there with me CC.
"Ultimately, you are not defined by your height, weight, or speed; you'll be defined by your heart, you'll be defined by your passion." Coach Mike Ayers
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:03 am

Wow, Coastal is in the national championship series! I'm wishing that could be us one day. But I have to admit that sometimes I wonder if I am crazy to think thoughts like that. But on the other hand, if you ain't in it to win it, then why are you in it?
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:09 pm

Congrats to 'em, CCU just won the national championship game 4-3 ... struck out a guy to end it, with runners on second and third.
http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/6/30/1 ... tournament
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Return to Baseball