@ETSU, 2/27 4PM

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

@ETSU, 2/27 4PM

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:29 am

This is the final regular season game. This is a game I'd really like to find a way to get for a couple of reasons. First of all, it would provide us with great momentum heading into the SoCon tournament and we need that after the dissapointing effort in Cullowhee Thursday. Second, these folks at ETSU seem to have a VERY low opinion of us. In the past, they have made comments on their board like "how does Wofford even have fans?" and other very nasty (and stupid) crap. Basically, they pretty much give me the notion that they think they are better human beings than us simply because they are from ETSU. We are seemingly pretty much lower than rat excrement to them. I can't stand them and their huge but largely undeserved egos and blatant condescension that still occurs despite the fact we have beaten them all three times we've played since they rejoined this conference. They require yet another dose of humility from us. It's almost personal to me, and in fact, I'd like to personally go up to Tennessee and kick their rear ends! Having said all that, I, unlike them, give credit where it is due and I admit that they have a very good basketball team, particularly in Johnson City. So even though we roughed them up in Spartanburg last month, it is going to take an A+ effort on our team's part to beat them in their own building. We need a complete 180 from the WCU game. But it can be done.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Re: @ETSU, 2/27 4PM

Postby lawdog on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:51 am

ESPN3 4:00 today.

http://woffordterriers.com/news/2016/2/ ... inale.aspx With a win we have a regular season winning record ... pretty good after our tough start against the "Milwaukee Bucks" and such.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:59 pm

It seems my post convinced them that some of us have passion here at Wofford for our team after all! Mr. Passionate, that's me! GO TERRIERS!!! I might get frustated at times, but at the end of the day I love my alma mater and I will ALWAYS stand behind her! Let's get FIRED UP and kick some butt! Let's go into Asheville with a full head of steam to defend our title! #conquerandprevail Dedicate this game to Jeremiah Tate! Finish strong for him!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Unable to get stops. Lost by 5.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:22 pm

I did not see any of the game as I was at the baseball game. Sounds like another tough loss. We knew this was a tough game going into it. Oh well....I always thought of this season as kind of a rebuilding year. Maybe we'll catch lightning in a bottle in the tournament though. You never know. We are certainly capable of winning it if we get hot, just like several other teams. It's a crapshoot up there.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:37 pm

We got down so far early that it was tough to come back. When playing with SoCon referees we HAVE to get help from our bench big guys. We aren't getting much from Sawvell and Pegram lately. We desperately need to have players that can get to the basket to keep defenses honest against our perimeter, and it just isn't there. Our guys fought back and played hard-much better than Thursday night. As the season winds down no on has any secrets, and they aren't going to leave Fletcher alone anymore. JG had a weak game and CJ had no points and a weak box score. There is no way to rely on three guys to shoot outside shots and beat the teams in the league.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball