Furman on Saturday

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Furman on Saturday

Postby boulder3m on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:13 pm

The Chatty loss to UNCG is a bit puzzling. Although UNCG has shown signs of better play, Chatty is showing signs of weakness as well. If Mercer plays without their two suspended players they are toast; and there are some former back markers that are coming on. It may be a wild tournament. We are still playing some "what if..."
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:52 pm

UNCG gained some confidence from their win over us, esp. their second half play. It is shaping up to be an interesting tourney. But we need to win a couple more first.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:25 am

Also regarding Wofford students they are so unclassy its ridiculous. I'm all for trash talking and getting rowdy - that's what you do against a rival - but they literally were chanting "Geoff Beans sucks" every time he stepped on the floor. Every time they made a big shot or a three they turned to us and gave us middle fingers. I locked eyes with a few of them at various points and they looked so angry that I thought they wanted to come and start fighting. It was pretty hilarious how uptight they were.

The above comment is from the UFFP from someone who I presume to be a Furman student. I just have to say that if this is true, then it is not acceptable in any way, shape or form, especially the obscene gestures. Our students should be better than this. I know bad things happened at Timmons, but we should try to rise above that. Winning the game is "getback" enough.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:13 am

Spare me please. I don't want to hear any form of whining or crying from Furman. Or any apologists on our side of the aisle on this issue. This is just an righteous indignant overreaction to try to justify their own actions.
UFFP literally yawns over "FU" chants (FYI - it doesn't mean Furman University); over FU player climbing on top of the press table to peacock, over Garcia and Newman and Collins getting physically pushed and cursed in court rush, over LAX team screaming obscenities and sexually vulgar remarks at our female trainer and MY's wife, over LAX member invading our huddle and had to be run out by MY. All of which occurred at Timmons in January which prompted an apology letter from their AD to RJ although Medved encouraged and solicited every bit of it. He begged that LAX team to raise hell.
I didn't see any of that behavior last night. RJ won't have to apologize to them for anything.
A few "Beans sucks" chants and middle fingers bother you? Give me a freaking break.
My suggestion: stay off of UFFP. It will help your mental health and blood pressure.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:17 pm

I suspected as much about the FU chant. In fact I said earlier that I didn't think the F stood for Furman. I also have a feeling that this was just one or two people and not the whole student section. Wofford normally carries a reputation for being very classy and I hate to see people thinking otherwise. But something I have noticed is the more we win, the less classy we are to others. So I really need to take posts like that with a grain of salt and not let them bug me.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:28 pm

94, I agree with you generally speaking. The chants and fingers in a perfect world wouldn't/shouldn't happen. And it concerns me too when others point to classless/distasteful conduct on our behalf (as unusual as it may be). Some of it I chalk up the times we live in and students will do stupid stuff. But this Furman deal is whole different issue in my mind. They picked the fight by their own actions. And the fact that some now try to castigate blame on us for reciprocal actions that pale in comparison just confirms my opinion of the whole place: a bunch of weenies.
Chants about a player, middle fingers, hard looks.....gasp, what horrors!!!!!!! Geez.......
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:57 pm

Great video. Coach and players give great credit to each other and to Furman. We are lucky to have these guys represent us.
http://woffordterriers.com/news/2016/2/ ... 60255.aspx
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:44 am

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball