Cam Jackson and Ryan Sawvell

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Cam Jackson and Ryan Sawvell

Postby woffordgrad94 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:45 am

Is Cam going to get a medical redshirt for this season and come back as a sophomore in November? And Ryan does have another year with us, right. I hope the answer to both questions is yes. With the significant losses of Gordan and Neumann, these guys, along Pegram, will be counted on heavily inside in the future. We need these guys. I am excited about incoming Dishon Lowery, who has very good credentials, but like most freshmen big men, he'll need time to develop.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Re: Cam Jackson and Ryan Sawvell

Postby billkelly57 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:37 am

I was talking with Ryan Sawell's dad at the UTC game and they had just gotten work that day that he did get the extra year. He does have one more year of eligibility left. Cam is being redshirted from what I have been told also. They will help us immensely next year.
billkelly57
Junior Terrier

Postby woffordgrad94 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:57 pm

billkelly57 wrote:I was talking with Ryan Sawell's dad at the UTC game and they had just gotten work that day that he did get the extra year. He does have one more year of eligibility left. Cam is being redshirted from what I have been told also. They will help us immensely next year.

That's all great news.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:48 pm

I happened to sit next Mr. Sawvell in the Campus Life building before the Mercer game. A really nice man and has been to every Wofford game, home and away, this season. Impressive. And his son is really coming on!
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:29 pm

Ryan has been playing very well. Very athletic.
Getting Cam back next year will be huge in trying to replace CJ and Justin. I hope Lowery can help us.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:50 pm

Right now I would say the hardest players to replace will be the inside guys-CJ and Justin Gordon. So far we haven't seen anything from Sawvell and Jackson that indicates that they have anywhere near the toughness of the two we are losing. Without an inside presence we will be lost.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:36 pm

Gordan and Neumann will be big loses for this program to be sure. They'll be missed, especially early. But I think we'll be fine. Sawvell has progressed nicely over this season, though he does need to hit the weight room this offseason. Jackson showed promise last year when he played. Matt Pegram is a very big body who will continue to develop his game and could end up being excellent for us. Dishon Lowery comes in with hefty credentials and could contribute some right away.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:41 pm

We definitely have the potential, but Sawvell needs to get tough near the rim, and Cam and Pegram as well. If teams have to honor our inside game it will make it much easier for the guards to operate outside. Our coaches have done a great job of recruiting what we need to be effective. Watching UNC and Duke right now, it is apparent that UNC would love to have Fletcher Magee to shoot from the outside.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:06 am

There is no doubt in my mind that Fletch could really help a big time program like UNC. We are extremely fortunate to have landed him. Or perhaps not fortunate...perhaps we really know what we're doing when we recruit these guys!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball