Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Re: WOCO Dollars and Projects

Postby lawdog on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:14 pm

Thanks LT.

It would appear we could get some benefit from this exposure to other programs and players. On the other hand, some of our neighbors such as Clemson and USC could take umbrage at the fact that we are facilitating Michigan's (and the Big Ten's) efforts to encroach/poach talent in our area. Not usually a Big 10 fan myself.
Last edited by lawdog on Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:57 pm

u r welcome ld. It appears that these satellite camps especially Michigan's are not well received in the South. http://www.freep.com/story/sports/colle ... /72075338/
Loyalterrier

Postby mudrat43 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:40 am

I'm sure if UM's coaching staff wants to come down to Sparkle City and swap spit with our coaching staff, its not because UM thinks they're cute! Exactly what's in it for Wofford?? If the intent is more exposure for Wofford, put up some big billboards in Detroit and Lansing.........less hassle, longer lasting! IMO
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:46 pm

The exposure would not be in Lansing or Detroit but to more top recruits in this area.
Let's face it: UM is going to cull/reject a helluva lot more kids who come to their camps than they'd ever take or even consider taking. Of those culls, some could be real finds/gets for us and who would not ever consider making a campus visit to Wofford without the prospect of getting in contact with UM coaches or on UM's radar. That's part of the benefit. Another benefit is publicly "legitimizing" our program by association with Coach Harbaugh and his staff. Another benefit is our coaches being exposed to and exchanging ideas with some of the best football minds and recruiters in the country.
Like media attention and in any business really, increased energy/attention/excitement can only help us. If we get even one recruit we would not have otherwise gotten, it's worth it to us. We would be doing these camps anyway. Plus it's a way for our assistant coaches to have their incomes supplemented which is critical.
I am no UM fan but Harbaugh is a premier coach at the highest levels of the game and having him associate with us can only help us IMO.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:02 pm

+1- Any association with one of the top 10 programs in the country gives us great exposure and opportunity.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby mudrat43 on Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:20 pm

If there is some high school player out there who gets invited to a camp at Wofford because he (or his coaches) think he is a legitimate FBS candidate who can make it at Michigan and doesn't get recruited.....do you really think his next choice would be Wofford? Come on man! Harbaugh only wants any easy route into the most fertile recruiting area in the nation, the southeast. You can bet the outhouse and the barn door that there are more southeastern kids at northern schools than the other way around. There are many gems in the D1 recruiting pool and IMO, trying to rake up some FBS "culls" is not a wise strategy. Me thinks this proposed arrangement only benefits UM. As always, I could be wrong.
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:07 am

+1.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Football