At Chatty Thursday

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

At Chatty Thursday

Postby boulder3m on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:50 pm

I guess they are getting warmed up for us by running the score up on The Citadel. Didn't clear the bench when up by 40... Hard to tell how good Chatty is this year. They appear to be very strong-you can't argue with their record.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Re: At Chatty Thursday

Postby Hobo on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:20 pm

Ended up with 125 points, 77 in the second half.
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby chattanoogamocs on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:38 pm

Didn't clear the bench when up by 40

Didn't clear the bench?

The Mocs had the literal end of the bench in the game with 8 minutes left (there was one player we had to look up in the control room because we didn't have a head shot graphic in the system)...every single healthy person on the bench played.

No starter played more than 28 minutes. The bench scored more than half (68) of the total points.

Not the Mocs fault that Duggar Baucom wants to play a gimmick brand of basketball that has the unfortunate downside of occasionally looking horrible against a good team.

Of course, it also didn't help that Baucom ran his mouth in the post game at the Citadel in January, calling Tre McLean "classless" and that he was not tough enough to go to the Citadel. The team, the coaches and the fans were ready for some comeuppance. At the under 4 media timeout when we showed the play of the game video (a McLean dunk), we played "Tuff Enuff" by the Fabulous Thunderbirds. ;)
www.mocfans.com, the Chattanooga Mocs Fan Website + SoConFans.com
chattanoogamocs
Junior Terrier

Postby lawdog on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:12 am

Game starts at 7:30. On SoCon Digital Network. We will need to play well to have a chance.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby chattanoogamocs on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:26 am

Predicting a much lower score on Thursday. :)

Mocs have two tough home games back to back...the defending SoCon champs on Thursday and the 2nd place Paladins on Saturday (and the only team, so far, to beat the Mocs in SoCon play).

Both games are double headers, so hopefully we will have good crowds for both.
www.mocfans.com, the Chattanooga Mocs Fan Website + SoConFans.com
chattanoogamocs
Junior Terrier

Postby woffordgrad94 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:49 pm

chattanoogamocs wrote:Didn't clear the bench when up by 40

Didn't clear the bench?

The Mocs had the literal end of the bench in the game with 8 minutes left (there was one player we had to look up in the control room because we didn't have a head shot graphic in the system)...every single healthy person on the bench played.

No starter played more than 28 minutes. The bench scored more than half (68) of the total points.

Not the Mocs fault that Duggar Baucom wants to play a gimmick brand of basketball that has the unfortunate downside of occasionally looking horrible against a good team.

Of course, it also didn't help that Baucom ran his mouth in the post game at the Citadel in January, calling Tre McLean "classless" and that he was not tough enough to go to the Citadel. The team, the coaches and the fans were ready for some comeuppance. At the under 4 media timeout when we showed the play of the game video (a McLean dunk), we played "Tuff Enuff" by the Fabulous Thunderbirds. ;)

Honestly, after the way I was treated at The Citadel in the stands at Johnson Hagood back when I was a Wofford student, I don't mind seeing this sort of thing. Basically, these people thought they were better just because they did all that military stuff and I did not. Some were just flat out mean, like this one woman who kept cursing at me and some other students. It took all I had not to hit her. Don't get me wrong- I respect the military and all they do for our country. My dad served 22 years in the Air Force and earned many well deserved honors. I just don't respect people that throw things in your face to try and belittle you and make themselves look better like these Citadel fans did. And The Citadel has a reputation for having a lot of mouth and not always being able to back it up. So run that score on up and up and up!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby ShortHairedDog on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:52 am

I win would be huge tonight! Anyone know the status of Casey Jones and if he is playing tonight for Chatty?
-ShortHairedDog
ShortHairedDog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Gomocs on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:42 pm

As of Monday, Casey was not dressed. I would be suprised if he is in uniform tonight...we shall see.
Moc Nation - http://mocnation.yuku.com/directory - a site run by fans for fans of the Chattanooga Mocs
Gomocs
Junior Terrier

Postby Atldog7 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:00 pm

No reason to rush him back at this point. Regular season titles are nice but in this league you have to win the tournament anyway. I, for one, hope they do the smart thing and leave him on the bench until the NIT :P
Atldog7
True Terrier Fan

Postby WTFan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:09 pm

Chatty has plenty of weapons without him. When he gets back they will be a very, very difficult bunch to contend with.
WTFan
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:27 pm

I'm not sure what it is about this team that causes it to play "dead bug" in virtually every game. We go for a long period, it seems, in which we just play AWFUL. It wipes out the good stuff we have worked for the remainder of the game. CJ is the most unheralded, underrated player in the league. He grinds and goes up against much larger and more athletic players in every game. In this first half we are getting nothing from Spencer. Maybe he'll turn it around in the second half. Otherwise, this could get bad quickly.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo NH1 Dude on Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:38 pm

L 63-79

Caught bits of the first half; we led 21-13; ~9 mins left. Mark & Thom commented things got away in 2h after we pulled to within 3 on Fletcher's 3. They turned it on and we did not recover. UTC reached its 20 W for the season; will be a formidable favorite in the tourney.
WoCo NH1 Dude

Postby woffordgrad94 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:48 pm

This looks to be the Mocs' year to be sure, just as last year was ours. We just don't have enough to beat them this time around. But we have some great recruits coming in and we have a bright future, so our time will come again before long.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:30 am

They shot 58 percent to our 37; Collins 3-16.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Atldog7 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:42 pm

Let's not hand them the trophy just yet 94. I can recall a certain team from Davidson a few years ago that was even more dominant that did not make it out of conference tourney. It only matters who is playing best in 4 weeks. Stranger things have happened.
Atldog7
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball