@Furman

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

@Furman

Postby WoCo NH1 Dude on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:10 am

Hope everyone is surviving the Nor'easter snow - no loss of power, hunkered down, etc. Once the front arrives tonight, we are only expected to receive a coating.

Key game vs. the Greenvillians @4pm. Did not realize we have won the last 6 vs. our upstate conference rivals. Let's make it 7! Travel safely to Furples' arena this afternoon...

Excellent article on Eric. Important for him to continue scoring from the perimeter so opps are available for the front line.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201601 ... oring-pace

BEAT Furman! (Ruck, pull 'em through!)
WoCo NH1 Dude

Re: @Furman

Postby Ruckus on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:31 am

Looks like a no go here in TR. 4 -5 inches on top of ice. Furman is closed and official word on the game will come at 10:00. A little birdie in the know told me it will be rescheduled. Pretty nasty stuff for us down here. TR and northern greenville county got the worst of it. Power still out all around FU campus. Surprisingly the Ruckus Ranch has been spared....so far.
Pretty important game whenever it is played. FU is good and we don't match up all that great with them. That F post (Everett) has been very productive for them, throw in Acox, Sibley, Croom, Davis and that Beans kid......we will have to play lights out. Need everyone other than Spencer and EG to step up.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier13 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:25 pm

Game On friends! Official word is game will start as scheduled at 4 PM. Hopefully our team is focused and can get there safely. Not sure how the late decision may change our team's focus but I believe MY will have us ready to go. Go Terriers!
Terrier13
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Public is strongly discouraged from attending.
Whatever that means.
I'll be there. Stir crazy.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby mudrat43 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:51 pm

Couldn't seem to catch a break early, but played well to get the lead at halftime. Go Terriers!!!
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:52 pm

Terriers were down 19-6 at one point. Now leading 30-27 at the break. Spencer remains in the zone, leading the way with 14 points.
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo NH1 Dude on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Lose by 1...unreal!

The worst broadcasters ESPN3 could have found. What a torture; could not sync to hear Mark & Thom.
WoCo NH1 Dude

Postby Hobo on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:08 pm

That stinks! This Saturday, last Saturday. Ugggh!
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:11 pm

Tough loss. Nice pressure by Furman at the end, and we could not get stops. Good effort by our guys.

Justin needs a little more confidence and energy on both ends. With his experience and talent, he should be stepping up and more of a factor.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby mudrat43 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:30 pm

Shoulda had that one......aaaargh! RATS! Get 'em next time for sure!!!
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

Postby njterrier on Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:14 pm

Same story really - can't keep anyone out of the paint. Dribble penetration has hurt all year. I don't know how many outside shots that Furman hit but couldn't have been that many. End game - they got to the rim and still had enough time to get a tip in in only 6 seconds.

Fletcher's ability to catch and square up (or not square up) while in air and hit shots is unreal! Also unreal - the fan getting in Garcia's face after the game. Stay classy.
njterrier
Terrier Pup

Postby Ruckus on Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:45 pm

It's Furman and they haven't beaten us in 6 games, plus losing in football. No surprise.
Someone needs to call FU admin and coaches on putting students in our bench. MY had to run them off. Somebody is going to get hurt. A team with other than Wofford gentlemen will handle it accordingly.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:54 pm

I just stopped by to say that I wished Eric would have hawked a loogie right in that boy's face. He deserved it. Actually he deserved his jaw broken just like Eric's was last year, but Eric would have been suspended a long time for that so it wouldn't be worth it.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Let their actions speak volumes of who and what they are. FU admin and coaches to blame too. Premeditated.
Those kids won't be in 1000 yards of BenJo when we see them again.
Kudos to Eric for keeping the cooler head. Not sure everyone would have (I am talking about me).
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:31 pm

Eric is definitely a bigger man than I. The problem is allowing students to rush courts in college basketball. Too many bad things can happen (injuries, fights, LAWSUITS). They have NEVER allowed that crap to happen at Wofford as far as I know. It is impossible to physically stop it from happening and it is impossible to punish each and every student that does it. But what they could do is make it a forfeit for the home team if the court is rushed after a game. THAT would stop it really quick.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Next

Return to Men's Basketball