2015-16 Season

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: 2015-16 Season

Postby Atldog7 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:07 am

I was actually at the APSU game as I was home visiting family in Nashville. Some observations : 1. Brooks was best player on the floor on both ends for us (excepting Magee's later 3 point run). 2. Spencer played 1 minute in the second half. It was obvious he was in the doghouse for something as coaches were having some disagreements on the sidelines about it. 3. We got hit on a lot of ticky tack fouls. They were in the bonus after 6 minutes of the first half. 4. Careless turnovers in the first half led to the high FG/big deficit. 3 Tos at the top of the key that led to fast break dunks. 5. Seems like we actually play a little looser when we are behind.

This team has had trouble getting out of the gate for whatever reason. Too many games have seen us with 20, 22, 24 points in the first half with very poor shooting. Couple that with uncharacteristically poor defense and you get a lot of losses. The one thing we should have done against Peay is go zone but it is not in our repertoire. They had a really good Big and were easily breaking down our man D with really quick guards. I know MY will ever resort to a zone but at times it is helpful to slow down the pace of the game and take opponents out of their rhythm. We were never able to do that against Peay.

Just my thoughts
Atldog7
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Thanks for the post, AD7. It is good to hear about Brooks; he was highly regarded and it sounds he is starting to emerge. It appears we still have some chemistry issues to address.

I did not realize we never play zone. I thought that we sometimes use it to upset a team's offensive rhythm.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:06 pm

Haven't used it since Skip Prosser's son left the staff and even then we used it sparingly and wig marginal effect. Not in out reportoire is correct.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball