2015 Playoffs (If anyone cares)

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Re: 2015 Playoffs (If anyone cares)

Postby Ruckus on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:48 am

I am pretty sure you have to have at least 4 players on each side of the ball. If so, correct call although seemingly misnamed. UNC only had 3 on right side of ball.
Clemson has a shot at a NC. Wow.
Cid lost to ChaSo 14-6 after a number (5 or more TOs).
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby mudrat43 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:16 am

After watching both Chatty and Cid yesterday, it was obvious that they were out "talented" on the field. One of the announcers mentioned all the ACC transfers playing in one of the games. I would guess Jack State had the most, and I believe they (Jack State) could put a whipping on some pretty good FBS teams. If indeed this is the coming trend in FCS football, what will become of the many schools trying not to succumb to the trend? I'd hate to see something like that take hold in our conference. A disappointing thought, but what is the alternative?

"get 'em dogs, and shake 'em"
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:33 pm

Not sure why we are on this thread, but...Isn't the new ETSU head basketball coach one of the former assistants to Bruce Pearl when he got in big trouble at Tennessee? Steve Forbes? I thought he was banned by the NCAA for a while. Is THAT what ETSU is going to be in our conference? Somebody better start keeping an eye on them.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:37 pm

Yessir.
Have heard that more than once from friends within the profession.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:47 pm

Way back in the dark ages when we played ETSU in football (in the 60's) it was always the buzz that ETSU was a bunch of Tenn flunk outs. They were head and shoulders larger than the normal teams we played. I guess the waters the SoCon is wading in has lots of mines in it. I doubt the other league teams would be very excited about binging in a member that immediately takes a coach with a record like that.
On this thread- It's a little sad that Chatty had to go out on such a terrible call and play like they did. The Huesman QB era was great, but that was an awful decision. They had the MO, and seemingly could have easily run the ball on Jax St for the score in OT and put the pressure on them. I think our teams in the playoffs acquitted themselves well. I have no idea where Chas Southern came from; who they are; whatever... But they have proven to be the best FCS team in the region by far. I actually was surprised at how well Chatty played at Jax St. Could have beaten them.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:56 pm

Ruckus wrote:I am pretty sure you have to have at least 4 players on each side of the ball. If so, correct call although seemingly misnamed. UNC only had 3 on right side of ball.

I think UNC lined up the same way the next time and it was not called. On that second one, the walk-on from the low country we were recruiting (Renfrow) recovered it and saved Clemson's bacon; he had some nice catches too.
Last edited by lawdog on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby walliver on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:28 pm

lawdog wrote:
Ruckus wrote:I am pretty sure you have to have at least 4 players on each side of the ball. If so, correct call although seemingly misnamed. UNC only had 3 on right side of ball.

I think UNC lined up the same way the next time and it was not called. On that second one, the walk-on from the low country we were recruiting recovered it and saved Clemson's bacon; he had some nice catches too.

On the first replay on TV, it appeared that the helmet of one of the UNC players had broken the plane, although no-one had stepped across the line. That may be the way the rule is written, but I have never seen it called that way.
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:59 pm

Could not see it on the replays all over the internet; neither could commentators. The feeblest kickoff offsides call I have ever seen, bar none.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:15 am

I was told this from someone who went to the Chattanooga Jacksonville State game and who is also very reliable. Right after the game was over and before the Mocs fans had left a significant number of JSU players went over to the Mocs side and acted extremely rude to the Mocs fans - giving them the finger among other unsportsmanlike gestures and comments. And on top of that the JSU coaches did very little or nothing to stop it. I have thought for some time that JSU was the kind of school that would do anything to win. does not matter if it is unsportsmanlike or classless. As long as they win. I know GSU and App State in their SoCon days did some rude things but was it by the players/coaches or by the fans ?? I don't remember their players acting like that especially more than one or two. Fans doing something like that is one thing but players/coaches is much worse IMHO. Anyway JSU was somewhat on my bad list before but now they are at the bottom. Lowest of the low.
Loyalterrier

Postby lawdog on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:03 pm

Navy is 22 of 24 on fourth down this year. Whoa, how do they do that?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby walliver on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:06 pm

lawdog wrote:Navy is 22 of 24 on fourth down this year. Whoa, how do they do that?

My guess is not giving the ball to the fullback every time.
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:41 pm

And If Keenan Reynolds had become a Terrier, we wouldn't either.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:52 am

Amen, brother. Tell it!
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:23 pm

Don't know if anyone is watching NC A&T vs. Alcorn. Tarek Cohen is something special ... quick as can be. Broadway, the A & T coach, has really turned them around; heck of a job.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby mudrat43 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:14 pm

Gonna be Jack. St. and NDSU in the FCS final......they certainly look like the strongest teams in D1. Don't know just what separates "them" from "us", but one only need watch their games to see there is a BIG difference. Hope the powers-that-be have a successful recruiting class for 2016 and all our wounded Terriers are on the mend and come back ready to get it on for next season. Merry Christmas from all the mudrat pack!

"get 'em dogs, and shake 'em"
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Football