Furples 11-21

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Re: Furples 11-21

Postby Loyalterrier on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Watch replay on www.socondn.com. The best part of socondn is that you can fast forward easily skipping over the non game stuff. and also you can slow it down when it is difficult to see what happened on a play. Go Terriers !!!!
Loyalterrier

Postby Ruckus on Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:08 pm

Just to put a cap on the FU win and a little more perspective on the season as a whole.
I am done criticizing this team. Wow. Talk about guts and heart. Michaelson is a short haired dog.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201511 ... gh-Terrier
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo65 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:36 am

Thanks for posting that Ruck. Great story about MIchaelson.
WoCo65
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:32 am

That is a great article. Looking at the all conference team, think about the names of Wofford players who were hurt that should have been on that team. There may be five more...
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Tnterrier2 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:51 pm

It was hard to watch all of the injured guys lined up on the sideline at games. Drake being able to play through it was quite a feat. There were so many guys who played hurt week after week. Won't say any names of fear of getting in trouble. But I think I am allowed to say my own son played with a sprain in his foot from game 4 all of the way to the end of the year, that was so badly swollen at times he had to wear a 1 larger size shoe on one foot just to put a shoe on, not to mention the pain. There were at least 10 other guys who didn't miss any time but we're so badly hurt they could have easily been out for weeks. Torn shoulders, broken hands, twisted knees and ankles. We only hear about the injured, but the hurt guys outnumbered them. I honestly have no idea how we kept the Chatty game so close, because I've never seen a team as beat up as that one was that week. We could've had at least 10 guys also not play that week that were hurt prior to the game that played anyway.

I must say I'm so happy for Anderson. Here's a guy a year ago that we weren't even sure would be back, who had played very little and was thrown in there when Williams got hurt, and look at him now, media SoCon 2nd team. He is an example of hard work pays off. He managed to stay healthy most of the year too. MA said there were several games that teams tried to pick on him, and he certainly stepped up when he was tested. Proud of that young man and I'm happy I got to know him some over the last few years. The other corner...
Tnterrier2
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:47 pm

I am officially off the bandwagon of any criticism against our coaches and program. There is way too much we fans who simply sit in the stands don't know and aren't privy to. I know we have a bunch of issues being out of sync offensively early with personnel, play calls, and clock management which I tend to chalk up to transition of assistant coaches. But short of that, to win 5 games in a year like 2009 where everyone was hurt or walking wounded is big testament of where our program is. Kudos to the coaches and the players for gutting it out. But for 2-4 plays v. Chatty and WCU, we win 7 games and upset the top team in the SoCon. The FU final win was nothing but pride and guts.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:58 pm

Until I read that article I did not know how extensive the injuries were. Agreed that the team and coaches deserve a lot of credit for hanging in there. That is one good reason why I am loyal to my team. They fight 'til the bitter end and they are a good group of people - coaches and players. If I had to choose someone to be in my foxhole with me, one of my very first choices would be MA.

I remember watching the Cit game and one of the announcers said that they were relatively healthy. But of course we were all banged up. So how does one team stay healthy like Cit and another team get so beat up ? Is it just blind luck ? Occasionally luck does play a role in sports and so maybe Cit was just plain lucky. But I sort of doubt that. Hopefully MA and staff can figure out some way to avoid the injuries in the future.
Loyalterrier

Postby Tnterrier2 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Blind luck was definitely part of it. But in my opinion from talking to a bunch of the players there were 3 big factors. For some reason that Clemson game really took a lot out of the guys. Normally we don't get beat up as much in those FCS games as we did this year. The Idaho game was great, and I'm glad they scheduled it, it was fun for the players, and I certainly enjoyed traveling out there as well. Plus it was a game we could possibly win, but we also got beat up unusually bad in that one too, to go along with the long trip. And not having a bye week until week 10 was another huge factor, maybe the biggest one. Cit got rest much earlier in the season and didn't play USC until their last game. It was so bad they couldn't do much full contact in practice for fear of injury, and it no doubt had an effect on the poor tackling at times.
Tnterrier2
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:09 pm

Most of our guys buy into the little dogs, and play hard until they can't play anymore. Hats off to the kids that gave it their all, and the coaches who worked with different combinations each game.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:26 pm

We ran the ball against them better than the last two years. Why was that? Did we mix up our plays better, or run some new stuff or just execute better?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:22 pm

TN2 have to agree on the hurt front. RJ played with a Groin pull/strain all year and suffered a mild concussion against Furman, which is why you didn't see him in the 2nd half. All these kids put it on the line this year and battled through some of them most severe rash of injuries I have ever seen on a team. And we literally, were a few plays away from winning 7 games. Here's hoping next season we get a better bill of health and can watch and enjoy the fruits of most of our players actually being able to stay on the field. Gutty effort this season by our kids and staff.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:35 pm

Lawdog - we executed better for the most part. They helped us some too by going even/4 man front most of second half.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby crabbyterrier on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:10 am

Loyalterrier wrote:Watch replay on http://www.socondn.com. The best part of socondn is that you can fast forward easily skipping over the non game stuff. and also you can slow it down when it is difficult to see what happened on a play. Go Terriers !!!!

I can't find the game to replay. Any help?
Thanks!
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:27 am

crabby there may be more than one way to get to a game but this is the way I do it. once you are on the website you will see 'SELECT A CHANNEL' with a down arrow to the right of it. Click on the down arrow which will display a list of the schools in the SoCon. At this point you could click on any school to get there so might as well click on Wofford. Next you will see a page with games that you can view. Click on 'Schedule' in the upper left of the page which will show a page with 'SCHEDULE WOFFORD ON-DEMAND' at the top and below that 'BY WEEK and date range such as Nov 28 - Dec 4, 2015 ' with a '<' on the left of the date range and a '>' on the right of the date range. Click on the '<' to go backwards. next you will see the date range that is before the one you just left. in this case this is the one with the Furman game. Scroll down the page until you see it and click on 'Watch'.

Another way is to click on 'Sports' when you get to Wofford's 'Schedule' page (the one that is for one school only) and click on 'Football'. It should show the Furman game.

If that does not work just post again and I will try to help.
Loyalterrier

Postby crabbyterrier on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:05 pm

Thanks LT!!!
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Football