Samford - Game 10

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Samford - Game 10

Postby mudrat43 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:22 pm

Missed 5min of the first qtr. due to ESPN3 difficulties. Anyways we scored first. Now, we cannot play pass defense....this "bend but don't break" scheme is not good. Plus no pressure up the middle equals lots of passing yardage, and quick too. Oh yeah, hey lets go for it on 4th and one from our own 20, and we'll fool 'em with a dive up the middle.....aaauugh!
Us passing? What passing? We can't, so don't do it!!

We need to get it together PDQ in the 2nd half...........

"get 'em dogs, and shake 'em"
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:40 pm

Don't worry. I am still loyal but just a little frustrated. disappointed in the outcome not in the effort of my team.
Loyalterrier

Postby T-Dog 4 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:41 pm

5 straight unanswered scores by the opponent will do it to you every time.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby walliver on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Very disappointing game. In the first quarter, I felt our offense would keep us in the game. After we inexplicably stopped running the option for a quick three-and-out, our offense went flat.

Jacks had some really bad pass attempts, but we rarely had open receivers at all during the game, and to be honest, we have had poor pass protection all year.
Our defense plainly got whipped: poor tackling, wide open receivers almost every play, and by the second half we were playing tired and lost control of the line of scrimmage. I don't know if we were simply outmanned, or if our scheme was just completely wrong.

I still believe that Jacks is the number 1 QB when healthy. But it appears that his injury has really limited any passing threat we can hope to develop.

I would also like to make a comment about the officiating. The zebras weren't perfect and missed a lot of offensive holding, but they did take their jobs seriously and discussed all controversial decisions among themselves. This was the most professional SoCon officiating crew I have ever seen.
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby mudrat43 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:55 am

Very disappointing to say the least! Pass defense is not in our DNA......as stated before and during the game. The REAL triple option does work for us when we use it. The middle dive play works when we use it sparingly. We can't (or won't) pass the football, so let it go until we get those who can (or will). The dance will go on, but those with intelligence and humility will know when they have stayed too long! As always, I could be wrong. What say you, my ardent fellow fans?

"get 'em dogs, and shake 'em"
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Samford coach: "In the second half we really dominated the game."
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Football