Who Stepped Up?

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Who Stepped Up?

Postby lawdog on Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:39 pm

With Gay, Smith, and Butler out, who stepped up vs VMI?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Re: Who Stepped Up?

Postby Ruckus on Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:45 pm

Sounded like Colvin and Windham, big time.
And of course Jacks........must have been the cap ;)
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:43 pm

No turnovers, it really helps.

Was this Evan's best game?
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Loyalterrier on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:09 pm

EJ for sure stepped up. But what about the entire OL ? I cannot single out any one of them that was the best but it seems like they played very well as a unit. no fumbles which is a big relief and a big difference. And also how about JoJo Tillery and Dominique Lemon ? I did not notice how they played in the VMI game but I have seen both of them make some good plays in the past few games.
Yes ld this may have been EJ's best game.
Loyalterrier

Postby boulder3m on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:53 pm

The DL played a very solid game. They shut down any chance of VMI running, and did OK getting pressure on the QB. When we stunted we did a good job of hitting the QB and getting some sacks, but they picked us to death throwing it I watched Furman and Sammy, and both throw it pretty well-plus they have the ability to run it as well.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:59 pm

I think Michaelson has been playing better and better. He has been playing banged up, including a fractured knee, according to his video, but is really demonstrating hustle and leadership. Quality individual. I looked back at his HS info; he had ten offers, including Wyoming, N. Dakota, Ohio, Toledo, and Air Force; was highly regarded in Minnesota circles. He found out about Wofford from our basketball playoff exposure. Leads our team in tackles. He played safety for us for two years without complaint, because we needed him there, but is much more comfortable at linebacker, where he played very successfully in HS. BTW, JoJo has amazed me too, from what I can see. Miles Brown continuing to hunker down for us in the middle also.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby mudrat43 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:06 pm

Thought the O line did a stellar job along with the tight ends and WRs blocking when needed. Also thought #7 played really tough by getting extra yardage after initial contact. The entire RB corps really manned-up and gave some good licks carrying the ball. VMI looked a bit tired of getting run-into by those guys. Played mostly error free football, and it showed in the score. The only aw-heck was the non-successful dive on 4th and 8. Was looking for something more imaginative! Nice win though. Now, lets try not to get dinked-and-dunked to death by our nest two opponents. Pass defense is going to be imperative!

"get 'em dogs, and shake 'em"
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:11 pm

FU won't dink us to death: they will run it right at us with play action/throw it down the field. We better be ready, esp. Offensively.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Return to Football