Chatty game thread

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Chatty game thread

Postby BubbaDog on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Welcome Garrett! I, for one, am excited to have all of our games on ESPN3 for easy viewing. I didn't notice many errors on IWF this week, keep up the good work!
Class of '07. GDI with very few athletic skills to speak of.
BubbaDog
2012 Pickem Champ

Postby crabbyterrier on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:02 pm

lawdog wrote:Video's up. Game we should have won. We look quicker than they.

Roach, RJ, and JoJo look good. Mueller and Patterson too. Butler did some nice things.

Where do you find the video??? There used to be a very visible link to Youtube but now I haven't seen it this season.

GO TERRIERS!!!!
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:30 pm

Google "woffordterriers.com/". That will bring up "Wofford Athletics" ... click on it. Then, when when "VIDEO" shows up at the top of the screen, click on that and you will see the football game video come up as one of the choices, and click on it. You are right, it is not as easy as it used to be.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:35 pm

BubbaDog wrote:Welcome Garrett! I, for one, am excited to have all of our games on ESPN3 for easy viewing. I didn't notice many errors on IWF this week, keep up the good work!

I personally prefer the SoCon Digital Network, which can be accessed anywhere regardless of ESPN subscription.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby wocomouth on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:37 am

Thanks Garrett for your answer. Living in Texas, I certainly appreciate the work you do to keep alums like me connected. You probably know that a lot of us have a "connection" with Hauser and Henson, so anytime you can use them (their radio feed or having them do the "tv" broadcast), I know most Terrier fans would appreciate it. I watched the video feed and listened through the internet so I could hear our Terrier voices.
wocomouth
True Terrier Fan

Postby TerrierVision on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:58 pm

Everyone will be happy to know that Hauser and Henson will be back on IWF for the remainder of the season. It was only a trial game for us. Even though the Samford and VMI games will be on ESPN3 (not Wofford produced), and then the final game of the year vs Furman will be on American Sports Network. We are in the process of working out a deal to stream that on the SoCon Digital Network for everyone to watch. Stay tuned to the website for that.

For those looking for any of our videos, I would say the best way to find them would be to subscribe to our YouTube page. I post all of the videos there. Including the one on one interviews from Halftimes of games. Then there is also a link at the top of the Wofford Website for videos, and the most recent videos will end up there.
TerrierVision
Junior Terrier

Postby lawdog on Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:02 pm

Thank you, you have obviously thought this through.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby wocomouth on Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:27 pm

Thanks Garrett. Appreciate what you do.

And Hauser and Henson too.
wocomouth
True Terrier Fan

Postby Abey Ward on Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:20 pm

I did not get to see the game, will it post to the SOCON Digital Network On Demand?
Is there another option to find it online?
Abey Ward
Junior Terrier

Postby Tnterrier2 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:52 pm

Abey it's already up, just kind of hard to find. Look at the schedule tab on the left. Go back a week and it's under Saturday listed with other sports.

It's not under the football pull down for some reason or under Wofford, so it made it hard to find.
Tnterrier2
True Terrier Fan

Postby TerrierVision on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:47 am

Game Archives are a little hard to find. Easiest way is always to go back on the schedule and click watch there. I always have the archive up that night (typically within an hour after the game). But I also have been trying to post all of our home games archives to the "game archive" page of Wofford's SoCon Digital Network page. But this only pertains to Home Wofford games on the SoCon Digital Network. Games on ESPN3 will not archive on the Digital Network.
TerrierVision
Junior Terrier

Postby Abey Ward on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:14 pm

Found it, Thank You
I will watch it this evening.
Abey Ward
Junior Terrier

Postby crabbyterrier on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:49 pm

Go TERRIERS!!!
Last edited by crabbyterrier on Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't pee with the BIG DOGS,
stay out of the tall grass!
crabbyterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo65 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:15 pm

1. "Many of us have been puzzled and bothered by the offensive play calling. We aren't sure what's going on with some of it." 2. " We wish we had a starting QB and knew who it was going to be before game day."

I am troubled at reading the above quotes and what I say below is my opinion only:
That is telling and contributes to any real or perceived lack of 'buy in' the team may have with respect to a solid offensive system. I am really perplexed at how we have gotten into the position we are in. All on here including me had extremely high hopes for our team prior to the season, especially the offense. The inability to DECIDE on a QB leader and support them 100% through good and bad has led to all of this distrust in the coaching staff.
Something must change if we are going to change the direction of this program. If nothing changes, then it signals that everyone within the Administration and Athletic Dept are completely at ease with mediocrity.
WoCo65
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:28 pm

crabbyterrier wrote:
Ruckus wrote:LoLo's 143 was a MAN'S work for sure! We do not lack for effort.
I cannot begin to extol the work our D put in today but if you weren't there I would put it in the top 10 of D performances that I have seen us play. Kudos to Coach Fuqua and Co. For a well prepared and called game! We came up big when we needed to; Armfield, Tillery, Anderson, Green, Michaelson, Patterson, Roach, Young, Vaughn, and more made some great plays. They kept us in it with more than a chance to win it .
Offensively, I thought we made some nice plays: RJ, Christian, Mueller, Windham, LoLo, Nelson, Colvin all made plays. Butler had a nice game and Evan when he pinch hit was a hair from breaking it. Butler although far from perfect pretty steady. The OL blew some blocks but got after them late. The bad snaps and TOs killed us.
I just don't get the coaching decisions. Period. End of story.
I know there are many who are content with losing a close one to a fine team but this one was ours and we blew it. Somehow some way we have got to learn how to win again and close the deal. It's now been 4 years since we have gotten it done.
Not sure we will win another one this year. Many of us will blame injuries but I think the problem lies much deeper.

Ruckus, I spoke to a couple of players after the game at the street party. I told them I was proud of their effort that day and was sorry for their disappointment in the loss...and mine. I asked them how the general mood of the team was and I kid you not, with no coaching, the first two statements out of his mouth were: 1. "Many of us have been puzzled and bothered by the offensive play calling. We aren't sure what's going on with some of it." 2. " We wish we had a starting QB and knew who it was going to be before game day."

GO TERRIERS!!!

I'm very sorry, but this indicates to me that perhaps we should terminate coaches. The players have lost faith in them. And no, no one earns the right to retire when they please. Once you stop doing a good job, you should be gone. That's what it's like at most jobs. Sorry if I upset folks with this, but this is my opinion.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Football