Chatty game thread

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: Chatty game thread

Postby Ruckus on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:50 pm

LoLo's 143 was a MAN'S work for sure! We do not lack for effort.
I cannot begin to extol the work our D put in today but if you weren't there I would put it in the top 10 of D performances that I have seen us play. Kudos to Coach Fuqua and Co. For a well prepared and called game! We came up big when we needed to; Armfield, Tillery, Anderson, Green, Michaelson, Patterson, Roach, Young, Vaughn, and more made some great plays. They kept us in it with more than a chance to win it .
Offensively, I thought we made some nice plays: RJ, Christian, Mueller, Windham, LoLo, Nelson, Colvin all made plays. Butler had a nice game and Evan when he pinch hit was a hair from breaking it. Butler although far from perfect pretty steady. The OL blew some blocks but got after them late. The bad snaps and TOs killed us.
I just don't get the coaching decisions. Period. End of story.
I know there are many who are content with losing a close one to a fine team but this one was ours and we blew it. Somehow some way we have got to learn how to win again and close the deal. It's now been 4 years since we have gotten it done.
Not sure we will win another one this year. Many of us will blame injuries but I think the problem lies much deeper.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:07 pm

Had a great day seeing old friends, but am pretty bummed at the outcome. We had it. The dang start of the 3rd quarter doomed us
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:29 pm

RJ is hurting with this one. He just wants to make plays and help his team. he wishes he could do more. Smh. These kids are pouring their hearts on the line. Young kids all over the field. Smh. They deserve better
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:35 pm

the thing that bothers me is that we don't have enough continuity in identity on offense.

We made some terrible mistakes and that kept points off the board, but overall Butler didn't play bad at all. The passing game was effective, and it makes you wonder why we haven't called more plays like today (other than that god awful double reverse screen flea flicker). Maybe it's because Butler is a better thrower than Jacks.

Either way, I think it's really really stupid that we do dive plays on 3rd and 15. We did that twice today. It's a bad play call but a wofford staple
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:45 pm

We are who we are and I think everyone understands that. But we have the ability to adapt and do more based on personnel. However. We have yet shown the propensity to change. More likely we continue to run belly dive on 90% of our plays
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo65 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:47 am

YT, I agree with you on the 3rd and long dives!! The dive is not going to get us 15+ yards.

We have Butler in there who has an arm and has shown he can make passes, try that. One one such down today, they tried the motion man on the pass-toss sweep again for a loss. That was the third time they had run that play and Chatty was ready for it. WHY NOT fake the toss to the motion man and let the QB run off backside tackle-end with it....or pass to a TE that releases to the backside??
WoCo65
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo NH1 Dude on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:19 am

Very, very disappointing loss; can certainly ask, "what if, why?" on various plays or aspects of the game.
Felt badly for the players and coaches - their dejection was palpable. Terriers gave UTC all they could handle - and then some!
Ruckus, great to meet you and your wife. Crabby Terrier, always a pleasure...
I appreciate everyone's hospitality.

Beat VMI!
WoCo NH1 Dude

Postby Ruckus on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:04 pm

Glad u made it home safely. Good to see u. Hope u get down more often.
Saw lots of fire on the sideline. Kids believe they can win. Got to better our level of execution on offense if we expect to get better.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Going back and looking at that game, those kids left it all on the field. Hats off, salute and respect to our Terriers. That Chatt team is 1 tough group, and was playing good themselves. That was a helluva football game. Proud of our boys.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby walliver on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Too many turnovers doomed us. A few more punts would have helped, too. We don't have the kind of dominant O-line and RB to make 4th down a high probability attempt when deep in our own territory.

Going into the game, most of us accepted that we had to play error-free to win the game, and unfortunately didn't.

All the issues we faced Saturday are fixable. I am confident the turnover issues will be fixed. I'm not so sure about the coaching judgments.
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:05 am

JoJo was great. Future is very bright. Played all over the field and came up to make some very nice boundary tackles. Kid played lights out. True Freshman.
Last edited by 19TERRIER19 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:21 am

Video's up. Game we should have won. We look quicker than they.

Roach, RJ, and JoJo look good. Mueller and Patterson too. Butler did some nice things.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby wocomouth on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:41 am

Why in the world are Hauser and Henson not on the video highlights?

I found it strange Wofford paid two guys who dont know anything about our team to be the TV voices, but then to also use them for the highlights?????

I continue to be perplexed by decisions made by our entire athletic department.
wocomouth
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:27 am

lawdog wrote:Video's up. Game we should have won. We look quicker than they.

Roach, RJ, and JoJo look good. Mueller and Patterson too. Butler did some nice things.

I agree. I think if not for putting the ball on the ground in that dreadful 3rd quarter multiple times. We clearly win this game. Of course it's the if game.....our guys responded in this Game.
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby TerrierVision on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:15 pm

Why in the world are Hauser and Henson not on the video highlights?

I found it strange Wofford paid two guys who dont know anything about our team to be the TV voices, but then to also use them for the highlights?????

Hi WocoMouth. Wofford is in a period of transitioning towards ESPN3 broadcast for our events. By 2017 we hope to have all football games broadcasted on ESPN3. Next year all men's and women's basketball will be on ESPN3. With that, ESPN requires that it be separate broadcasters for a stream and not a feed from radio announcers. Jason Patterson was the play by play. Jason has called many Wofford events, including he will be the voice for the Southern Conference during all championships this year. Phil Cox has worked with Hauser and Henson for 5+ years on the radio side of things, and Phil has followed Wofford football since the 90s.

Errors fall back on myself, Garrett Hall. I was in charge of producing the game. This was the first time that we had used our own talent at a football game. We strive each and every time to get better at what we do.

Jason Patterson will be back on the call December 14th when Wofford plays Coastal Carolina on ESPN3, because that game as well will be produced by Wofford and not an outside company.
TerrierVision
Junior Terrier

PreviousNext

Return to Football