Chatty game thread

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Chatty game thread

Postby mudrat43 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:59 pm

Great job SHDs...........good called game so far. Take it to 'em in the second half!!!

"get 'em dogs, and shake 'em"
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

Re: Chatty game thread

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:59 pm

KEEP ATTACKING....
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier13 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Inexcusable clock management by the coaching staff at the end. Letting Chatt run the clock down to go for it on 4th rather than taking our final timeout to force the punt encapsulates the current state of our program perfectly. Our guys worked too hard to drive down the field, get a touchdown AND a 2 pt conversion just to let the coaching staff's ineptitude rob them of a shot to win in regulation or force overtime. Our guys deserve better than that.
Terrier13
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:18 pm

I'm not so sure they would have punted...
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Today's game was like going out on a date with a very hot girl and you get to hinking you're going to score but then she just shuts you down in the end. It was a tease. We played so well a lot of the day but the end result is still the same. A close loss conts the same as a 50 point loss. Still, I give our guys credit for the effort. You can't accuse the players of not leaving it all out there.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Peachy Carnahan on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:29 pm

I'm pretty sure they were going to go for it no matter what.

Way to play tough Terriers. Those three turnovers to start the second half were the difference. I say three because of the failed conversion on our side of the field.

I really liked the way we played. I like our future.

I was unaware that we have 9 starters out for the year from our first game lineup.

We have some stars in the making...RJ, Jo Jo, Brown, Butler, Jacks. I also like the way Cole Cleary ran back kick offs.

BTW...that unsportsm like penalty in the 2nd half was questionable at best.
Peachy Carnahan
Junior Terrier

Postby boulder3m on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:38 pm

I thought our players and coaches did a fantastic job playing what may end up being the best team in FCS. After the first drive by Chatty we all thought it would be a rout, but our guys played their guts out. Our OC mixed it up very well and did a great job of wearing down the interior of a great Chatty D line. We threw the ball pretty well and played a great defensive game, doing some stunts when needed and keeping Chatty off rhythm pretty well. We had a few poor snaps and gave the ball away, but then again, so did Chatty. There may have been some mistakes, but there was a lot of really good to draw on. We may have made one more mistake than them that cost us the game, but our team played their hearts out and have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. It was amazing how many freshmen were playing for us, and in most cases playing pretty well. Both of our lines played well, with lots of substitutions to keep them fresh. Left it all on the field. Proud to be a Terrier Fan.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby 19TERRIER19 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:40 pm

This one hurts......
19TERRIER19
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:47 pm

Your son played a great game; blocking, catching and running.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terryer on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:15 pm

Man. Our last offensive series with the TD/2-pt conversion was fun to watch. Classic clock-draining drive.
Unfortunate we couldn't stop them in fourth down and take our chances in OT. Turnovers hurt us in this one.
Terryer
Terrier Pup

Postby walliver on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:45 pm

Butler did a good job on his first "real" start. His passing added a new dimension to our offense.

I also thought our defense played very well.

Play calling was improved, but there were still a few questionable decisions - 4th down play choices were problematic at times.
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Superior effort. We are talented. Fr. and RFr. group really growing fast.

Fumbles got us, pure and simple. http://woffordterriers.com/news/2015/10 ... 53028.aspx
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:34 pm

I have played some college football and watched it a ton: those cats in white were the real deal. Chatty is usually strong and athletic but there were always 2-3 positions on each side of the ball that I thought were "less strong", let's just say. That wasn't the case today. They are as athletic, strong and well coached as anybody in the country at every position. I know they have a number of FBS transfers but kudos to their coaching staff for a well coached team. They are tee real deal....and we played right with them. Should have won.
Turnovers and mistakes were the difference.
That's the upside.
The downside is we again are making the same crappy awful embarrassing mistakes again and again and again. Bad snaps, penalties, poor coaching choices (we need a vital 4th and 2 late and we put it in he hands of the smallest guy on there team??? Are you freaking kidding me? Really??? Nothing against the kid but you have RJ, Colvin, Ray, LoLo , Cleary etc to go to?
Please.
Proud of our kids but the song remains the same.
More to follow.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Agree, Ruckus; Chatty is the real deal. QB made a couple of mistakes, but they play so solidly. The 143 that Lorenzo put on them was man's work. I know we didn't have that many yards passing, but we showed we at least can think about it, and that does make a difference. Kudos to the players from both sides. If you didn't have a dog in the fight this was one hell of a game.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby mudrat43 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:09 pm

RATS!!! Played them ole boys from Chatty pretty tough, didn't they? QB did very well, as did the O-line, RBs, and for the most part the D. Had a few "aw-hecks" at the end, but that's life in the fast lane! All concerned should walk with a better swagger tonight even with the loss. Let's not forget that there is a coaching staff and players on the other side doing everything in their power to whip us. And that bunch today was pretty darn good. Got something good today to build on.......me thinks! Blast those injuries!!!

72 total plays
62 runs
10 passes (worked good, try a few more?)

"get 'em dogs, and shake 'em"
mudrat43
True Terrier Fan

Next

Return to Football