10/24/2015 Chattanooga

Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2017
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016, 2017

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: 10/24/2015 Chattanooga

Postby dungeonjoe on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:37 am

Gomocs wrote:Tickets are $27 each? Is there some code to get them cheaper?

Try code "belly dive" at least three times in a row. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.
"There are things that you value and things that you will fight for. That is what today's all about. We fight for that short-haired dog and that name across your chest." Mike Ayers
dungeonjoe
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:00 am

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:45 pm

OK, dungeonjoe, I got a true chuckle out of that. Gomocs, not sure. There are always open seats, unfortunately, and I think we are fairly kind to our visitors. Parking at our place is the best I know of at any stadium. Walk around and say hello. It's homecoming and there should be a decent crowd. Wofford recognizes excellence, and Chattanooga has rebuilt a program with both Coach Huseman and QB Huseman. By the way, what happened to the kid who was such a good Q'B as a freshman and then was replaced by the son? I remember he was very talented.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby Gomocs on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:25 am

Terrell Robinson, SoCon Freshman Offensive Player of the Year you speak of. Honestly, he reminds us of the Nuke LaLoosh character in Bull Durham, having a million dollar arm and a five cent head. He had NFL level talent, not as a QB, but as a WR. However, playing football was not his highest priority at UTC, per the word on the street smoking weed was much higher. After a couple suspensions and him walking out on the team once he was dismissed from the team. He then transferred to Faulkner, a Div II or III school and he immediately became the best QB in the conference. He was leading the conference in everything until he blew out his knee midseason his final year. If that kid had the desire and a head screwed on straight, he could be playing WR in the NFL now many of us feel.
Moc Nation - http://mocnation.yuku.com/directory - a site run by fans for fans of the Chattanooga Mocs
Gomocs
Junior Terrier

Postby lawdog on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:46 am

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby WTFan on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:20 am

Good story about Windham. Had a colleague I worked with that used to tell people about UCLA. Upper Conway Lower Aynor. Hunter has been seeing a lot of action of late for the Terriers. Hope he gets a TD or two this Saturday!
WTFan
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:54 pm

Thanks, Gomocs, for the follow up on Robinson. I thought he was very talented as a QB too, but remember when he left the team. Too bad he didn't have the discipline to be great.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby TerrierDomination on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:54 am

Right now there is not much views in the basketball thread so I am going to drop this hear for a moment:

http://woffordterriers.com/news/2014/10 ... 42141.aspx

It's a little reminder that we have a Black & Gold game for our basketball team.

Wouldn't it be awesome to fill the BenJo slam full and have a louder game than any game last year???

Let's show our guys some respect for making us so proud in the NCAA SoCon Tournament and the big Dance by showing up and getting pumped for this season and loud.

Let's be the fans that players dream of having.
TerrierDomination
Junior Terrier

Postby lawdog on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:09 am

Thanks TD. That is last year's link, I think.

Here is this year's link to events, including basketball Saturday at 11 a.m.
Here is a schedule of major events for Homecoming Weekend:

Friday, Oct 23:

9 a.m.-5 p.m. – Black Alumni Summit, Room 113, Michael S. Brown Village Center, featuring a reunion of the Gospel Choir. For information, contact Valerie Billy Sullivan (Class of 1987) at vbsullivan12@gmail.com.

2 p.m. – Chemistry Department Seminar featuring Dr. Dan Slade (Class of 2002), assistant professor of biochemistry at Virginia Tech, Room 326, Roger Milliken Science Center. Slade’s topic will be “Decoding the Role of our Microbiome in Health and Disease.”

3:30-5 p.m. – Moyers Men Practice, Montgomery Music Building. The Moyers Men will perform for the 50-Year Club dinner. Former members of Moyers Men or any Glee Club member during Sam Moyers’ time at Wofford may join the rehearsal. Registration is requested at http://www.wofford.edu/homecoming/class ... utquizzes/.

3:30-5 p.m. – Classes Without Quizzes, various campus locations. Wofford faculty, staff and alumni will present courses on a variety of topics. For a list of courses and to register, go to http://www.wofford.edu/homecoming/class ... utquizzes/. Questions may be directed to 864-597-4185 or alumni@wofford.edu.

7-11 p.m. – Terrier Ball and Class Reunions, Spartanburg Marriott, downtown Spartanburg. Silent and live auctions, food and drink. Music by Back 9. Tickets are $75. Go to http://www.wofford.edu/homecoming/terrierball/ for more ticket options and details.

Saturday, Oct. 24:

All Day – Wofford Service Day at Cleveland Park, Asheville Highway less than a mile from Wofford’s campus. The park has a rich history and soon will have the largest playground in Spartanburg, which will be constructed through a community build project that coincides with Wofford’s Homecoming. Jim Hipp (Class of 1973), the deputy administrator for Spartanburg County, has invited Wofford alumni and current students to participate. Volunteers are welcome to sign up for a variety of jobs and may sign up to work any amount of time, based on their availability. For more information or to sign up as a volunteer, contact Marcia Murff at 864-494-1801 or marcia.murff@spartanburgparks.org.

10 a.m. – Dedication of Martha’s Garden, green space across from the Pavilion, adjacent to Lesesne Hall on Evins Street.

10 a.m. – Dress Drive to benefit Guardian ad Litem, Shipp Hall Lounge. The sisters of Kappa Alpha Theta invite all Wofford women, including alumni, to donate their used formal gowns to Guardian ad Litem. Many young women in high school are unable to afford a prom dress, but your donation provides them a chance to have a new dress to wear. If there is not a sister on location to collect your dress, there will be a place for you to leave your contact information. For information, contact Elaine Donohue at donohueem@email.wofford.edu.

10:30 a.m. – Alumni Association Service Awards Presentation, Papadopoulos Room, Papadopoulos Building. The Wofford College Alumni Association will present its alumni service awards, sponsored by the WCAA Board. Award recipients will be Benjamin W. Ingram IV, Class of 2005 (Young Alumnus Award), Maj. Gen. Rodney O. Anderson, Class of 1979 (Distinguished Service Award) and the Northside Voyagers (Distinguished Citizen Award)

10:30 a.m.-noon – Department Drop-Ins. These departments have scheduled drop-ins: -Economics (Economics Suite, 3rd floor of Main Building (West)), Theatre (Tony White Theatre, Campus Life Building), Accounting, Business & Finance (Franklin W. Olin Building, Room 107), Chemistry (Chemistry Suite, Roger Milliken Science Center, Room 306) and Government (Daniel Building, Room 203)

11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Men’s Basketball “Black & Gold Game,” Benjamin Johnson Arena. Get the first look of the season at the two-time defending Southern Conference Champion basketball team as Coach Mike Young puts the Terriers through an open practice and intra-squad scrimmage before the football game.

11:30 a.m. – Adopt a Boston Terrier, Gibbs Stadium Plaza. Boston Terrier Rescue Team of the Carolinas will have several adoptable Boston Terriers looking for a new home. Visit http://www.bostonrescueteam.com for more information.

1:30 p.m. – Kick-off of Wofford vs. Chattanooga football game, Gibbs Stadium. Wear your old gold and black and come to Gibbs Stadium ready to cheer on your Terriers! Halftime will include the crowning of the Homecoming Queen and presentation of the men’s basketball team’s Southern Conference championship rings. All seats are reserved and are $27 per adult and $15 per child (ages 3-12). To purchase tickets, contact the Wofford Athletic Ticket Office at 864-597-4090.

6-10 p.m. – Street Party, Morgan Square, downtown Spartanburg. It’s back – come to Morgan Square for the 13th Annual Downtown Street Party! This is Wofford’s largest college-wide party. Entertainment will be provided by Sandy B and the Allstars. Drinks and snacks will be served and plenty of parking is available within walking distance. Tickets are $10 per person and may be purchased through online at https://www.wofford.edu/homecoming/registration.aspx or at the door. Bring a photo ID.

6 p.m. – Volleyball vs. Mercer, Benjamin Johnson Arena. Come cheer on the Terrier volleyball team against the Mercer Bears. Admission is free.

For more information visit the Newsroom Web Site.

RSS News About Sights & Sounds Calendar

Laura H. Corbin
Director of News Services
Phone: 864-597-4180
Fax: 864-597-4179
Email: laura.corbin@wofford.edu

Wofford College, established in 1854, is a four-year, residential liberal arts college located in Spartanburg, S.C. It offers 25 major fields of study to a student body of 1,650 undergraduates. Nationally known for the strength of its academic program, outstanding faculty, study abroad participation and successful graduates, Wofford is home to one of the nation’s 283 Phi Beta Kappa chapters. The college community enjoys Greek Life as well as 18 NCAA Division I athletics teams.
Wofford College
429 N. Church Street
Spartanburg, SC, 29303
864-597-4000
Follow Us
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:50 pm

Sounds like an exciting weekend of activities. There is a lot of fun to be had and things to be learned even if the game ends up a blowout as many predict (myself included). I wish I could attend some of the classes/lectures.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby walliver on Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:13 pm

woffordgrad94 wrote:Sounds like an exciting weekend of activities. There is a lot of fun to be had and things to be learned even if the game ends up a blowout as many predict (myself included). I wish I could attend some of the classes/lectures.

I don't think we will blow them out, they are too good for that, they will keep it close. ;)
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:39 pm

If we play like we have the last 2 weeks, they may put 50 on us.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby WTFan on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:14 pm

Hey GoMOC. A little inside info for you. We may run the fullback dive up the middle a couple of times tomorrow.
WTFan
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Football