WOCO Radio

General Discussion

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

WOCO Radio

Postby TerrierTalk_Jordan on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:20 pm

Hey guys! For those of you who may not know (probably most of you) we started a brand new student-produced radio team here at Wofford last semester. We have several shows that air online at woffordradio.com, but I'm here to talk about Terrier Talk. Terrier Talk airs every Tuesday night at 9 pm, covering Wofford athletics and the sports world as a whole. We have our first official show of the new season tonight at 9, and we'll be discussing the Tenn Tech game in depth as well as previewing the Idaho game. We'll also be joined by another Wofford student, who has recently started a blog about the SEC, to discuss his site and the SEC. I hope some of you can tune in this week, or at some point in the future, and provide some feedback. Thanks!
TerrierTalk_Jordan
Terrier Pup

Re: WOCO Radio

Postby Loyalterrier on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:10 pm

Sounds great. I will try to tune in tonight. look forward to tuning in. And thank you for the information
Loyalterrier

Postby TerrierTalk_Jordan on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:17 pm

Just now getting started. Had some technical difficulties. Feel free to tune in! woffordradio.com (or download the Live365 app and search "Woco Radio")
TerrierTalk_Jordan
Terrier Pup

Postby Loyalterrier on Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:58 pm

I tuned in for the part where you discussed Terrier football. sounded good. don't remember any details but it sounded like you did your homework. not bad for the first show. as I listen more maybe I can add more but right now I don't have any more than that to add.
Loyalterrier

Postby TerrierTalk_Jordan on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:58 pm

We'll be discussing the tough loss to Idaho on the show this week, including our thoughts on the QB situation and other issues that are holding the team back in the early going. It may be a somber mood, but should be interesting nonetheless. Tune in Tuesday night at 9!
TerrierTalk_Jordan
Terrier Pup

Postby ARTerrier on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:31 pm

Highly recommend this show. You do a great job hosting, and, you know, it's always nice to hear another perspective on things. Also think it's cool to bring that to campuses; props to whoever had the idea to start a student-run station.
ARTerrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby TerrierTalk_Jordan on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:37 pm

Ran into some tech problems once again. The show is on now, though. Should run from 9:30 to 10:30.
TerrierTalk_Jordan
Terrier Pup

Postby lawdog on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:22 pm

Tuned in for a few minutes, at woffordradio.com and found it interesting. Applaud your initiative. The campus used to have a network years ago known as WCRN, whose signal barely reached beyond campus ... fun stuff.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby TerrierTalk_Jordan on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Thanks, lawdog.

We're still fairly limited from a technology standpoint. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to turn the shows into podcasts at some point. That'd make it alot easier for folks to listen, I think. Still, the show has probably more successful than most of the others to this point, and I always appreciate new listeners. Spread the word to any Terrier fans that may be interested, and I'll continue to try and improve the quality of the show and content from week to week.
TerrierTalk_Jordan
Terrier Pup

Postby woffordgrad94 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:59 pm

WOCO Radio is available on smartphones and tablets via the LIve 365 app. Now some stations require that you be a premium member to listen to them (which costs about $6 a month or so). I am a Live 365 premium member. But I am not sure whether WOCO Radio is available as a free station or as a premium only station.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby TerrierTalk_Jordan on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:10 pm

^WOCO Radio is available as a free station

New show tomorrow night at 9. Recap of the GW game and a SoCon preview. Should be fun. Tune in!
TerrierTalk_Jordan
Terrier Pup

Postby TerrierTalk_Jordan on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:46 pm

Listen to 10/20 Terrier Talk by Terrier Talk #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-646875828/1020-terrier-talk
TerrierTalk_Jordan
Terrier Pup

Postby TerrierTalk_Jordan on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:08 pm

New show tonight at 9, for those interested. We'll discuss many topics dealing with the Chattanooga game and the Black and Gold scrimmage, though our quarterback's fashion sense is not currently on the docket.

As always, check us out on woffordradio.com or search the Live365 app for WOCO Radio.
TerrierTalk_Jordan
Terrier Pup

Postby TerrierTalk_Jordan on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:09 pm

Terrier Talk's 2015 Wofford basketball preview has arrived... Here's the link to the SoundCloud page:

https://soundcloud.com/user-646875828/b ... iew-part-1
TerrierTalk_Jordan
Terrier Pup

Return to Off Topic Conversations