2015 season

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: 2015 season

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat May 16, 2015 12:23 am

Ruckus, I did nothing but study during exam weeks. I maybe slept 3-4 hours a night! I forgot about it being exam week and I can certainly understand how that can take its toll on anyone.

I know you're right lawdog. Everything you said was right on target. The team has still had a great season. A season beyond my most optimistic February expectations. I still have high hopes for the conference tourney next week.

And Big John, while I know you meant to insult me and put me in my place, you actually gave me TOO much credit! I do not put on airs- I am honest and always tell it just like it is. I haven't even played rec league. I am very uncoordinated- God did not give me any athletic gifts to speak of. But I don't think that should make me any less a person than the greatest athlete out there. And I certainly don't think it should make me a punching bag. Or make me unqualified to speak about sports. Anyway, I decided at an early age that if I couldn't PLAY sports that I would just become a sports superfan. I have been a diehard Wofford sports fan for over twenty years. I guess I took this loss kind of tough because ETSU is last place and I really thought that we had a great chance to sweep them. I wanted that shot at a regular season title so badly. I think it is our most disappointing conference loss of the year. But I also think we can rebound from it. I still think we have a shot in Charleston next week, even if in my frustration immediately after the game I insinuated that I didn't. I will always be one of Wofford's most passionate fans in every sport no matter what! I might express some frustration in teams after tough loses because It is just in my emotional nature to do so, but I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER stop being a superfan! GO TERRIERS!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Sat May 16, 2015 5:07 pm

T-Dogs won 1st game of today's DH; 10-9.
Does earning 2nd seed give us a bye/day off or does everyone play from start of SoCon tourney?
Hope the Charleston/low country Terriers faithful turn out in large numbers next week.
WoCo NH Dude

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat May 16, 2015 8:34 pm

The 8 and 9 seeds- ETSU and Citadel are locked into them- will play Tuesday with the winner advancing to double elimination play against the 1 seed Wednesday and the loser going home. Seeds 1-7 all start play on Wed. (Double elimination). The two teams going 2-0 in the double elimination round get a day off. Wofford is locked into finishing second or third. Well we just lost the second game. I hope we can put a bad final series against the worst team in our conference in the rear view mirror and be ready Wednesday.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Natural on Sun May 17, 2015 7:30 pm

The ETSU series outcome is meaningless. We always play poorly on final weekend when we have to play 3 games in 24 hours at the end of "no-sleep" exam week. On top of that graduation is 9 am Sunday morning. So team had to complete exams, bus to Johnson City TN, play three games and then bus back that night for graduation next morning. Brutal. Many other conference schools have semesters that end sooner (Furman for one was done and graduated weeks ago). So we are always at a disadvantage on the final weekend except on the rare occasion when our conference bye week falls on the final scheduled weekend.

Forget about it and celebrate a 2nd place SOCON finish (albeit a weaker conference now). Good luck T-Dogs in the tournament!
Natural
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Mon May 18, 2015 9:32 am

Since we have the interim in January our graduation is going to be later than other schools' is. So I think it would be sporting of the SoCon to give us the graduation weekend as our off weekend. All the other schools are done with it already.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:38 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:12 pm

Fall practice went well; we apparently have some talent going into spring season. http://woffordterriers.com/news/2015/11 ... 51200.aspx
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Baseball