Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: 2015 season

Postby lawdog on Mon May 04, 2015 10:07 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo NH Dude on Tue May 05, 2015 10:25 pm

17-9 Terriers beat Clemson! Congrats... :D let's repeat in Cola. tomorrow. Beat the Gamecocks!
WoCo NH Dude

Postby boulder3m on Tue May 05, 2015 10:31 pm

That's win #33 tonight. Let's pile 'em up through the rest of the week.
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Wed May 06, 2015 6:23 am

Clemson is only a .500 team now. They have taken a substantial fall in recent years. I am surprised that Jack Leggett is still their coach. If this was that sport with helmets, shoulder pads, and an oblong ball he'd be gone for sure. Anyway, this is a nice win for Wofford baseball regardless of all that. And it was great to send all the Wal-Mart Clemsux Tigger fans who have never spend a minute in a college classroom and came to King Field expecting an easy victory home with their heads down! BUT- Let's make sure we're still ready for a very important SoCon series with the Purple Pukes, though. Don't tire our key pitchers out just to beat the Lamecocks in a midweek game tonight. The "big boys", while it is great publicity for Wofford to beat them, are still NOT as important as the conference opponents!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Wed May 06, 2015 7:14 am

BEAT FURMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby WTFan on Wed May 06, 2015 11:34 am

Agree we need to save the arms for the Furples. Sure hope the remainder of the season will continue to be as successful as what has already been accomplished. Now is when we need to peak. BEAT FURMAN!!
WTFan
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Fri May 08, 2015 8:23 pm

Lost FU tonight
Of course we did
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Sat May 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Rebounded today
Won-7-2 behind Leftwich's strong 7 innings. I think I saw where he has 101 strikeouts for the season.
Rubber match tomorrow.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sun May 10, 2015 3:40 pm

We win the series against the Paladins with a 3-2 victory today! Pitching and defense were the order of the day. We played errorless ball today (and the whole series), Adam Scott pitched eight strong innings for the win, and Will Stillman finished it off in the ninth for the save. Great victory! It feels GOOD to take this series against the Purple Pukes! We are now in second place at 12-8 in the league. We finish up with 3 games next weekend at last place ETSU. If we can sweep those games, depending on what happens in the Mercer-Samford series, we could have a shot to win the regular season title, something that not so long ago was completely unthinkable. In any event, we should be in great shape going into the SoCon tourney in Charleston, with as good a chance to win it as anyone!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sun May 10, 2015 8:17 pm

I watched or followed all three of the games. Great heart in all three, but today's game was special. These guys are fun to follow!
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Fri May 15, 2015 11:24 am

Great video; Ruck especially will like. They are representing Wofford well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCo2xabhGOw
BTW, anyone notice that the Furples were up 10-0 on Clemson a couple days ago, and lost 23-15?

With great pitching, solid D, and opportunistic O (including the second most stolen bases in the country), this is a fine group that plays well together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epMTrXflRO4 Great supporting comments for the baseball team.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Fri May 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Well we lost at ETSU. I should have known. So just forget all that dumb junk I wasted my time typing about our chances of winning the league. I guess that's why they were never any responses. Everyone knew I was a fool for thinking it could really happen. Well I definitely feel like a fool now for ever thinking it was possible. So what can we take out of all this? We still can't win games we should when it REALLY matters. ETSU, a team with really NOTHING to play for in this series as they are locked into the play-in game, beat our best pitcher. I am very disappointed. I let myself get my hopes up with these teams, and they seemingly let me down quite a bit when that happens. I realize that this was just one game, but I really thought we were going to win this one.

The good thing is that the season is not over and the tournament is all that really matters as far as getting to the regionals is concerned because we were never going to get an at-large bid anyway. But this game does unfortuately cast some doubts on me personally about how we will end up doing in Charleston. If we were to go 0-2 down there, was this still a good season? A tough question to answer.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Fri May 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Let's win the DH tomorrow before worrying about Charleston. They ain't gimmes either.
Yeah. Disappointing for sure. But this was exam week after all. I never slept during exam week.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby BigJohn94 on Fri May 15, 2015 9:42 pm

woffordgrad94 wrote:Well we lost at ETSU. I should have known. So just forget all that dumb junk I wasted my time typing about our chances of winning the league. I guess that's why they were never any responses. Everyone knew I was a fool for thinking it could really happen. Well I definitely feel like a fool now for ever thinking it was possible. So what can we take out of all this? We still can't win games we should when it REALLY matters. ETSU, a team with really NOTHING to play for in this series as they are locked into the play-in game, beat our best pitcher. I am very disappointed. I let myself get my hopes up with these teams, and they seemingly let me down quite a bit when that happens. I realize that this was just one game, but I really thought we were going to win this one.

The good thing is that the season is not over and the tournament is all that really matters as far as getting to the regionals is concerned because we were never going to get an at-large bid anyway. But this game does unfortuately cast some doubts on me personally about how we will end up doing in Charleston. If we were to go 0-2 down there, was this still a good season? A tough question to answer.

I mean, gosh, WG94. I would say that anything short of a national championship would be a disappointment. I mean, really, we should never lose a game in any sport. How dare our players lose to an inferior team. For that matter, eery team in inferior, hence why we should never lose a game. Spoken like a person who didn't play a competitive sport besides rec leagues.
"Ultimately, you are not defined by your height, weight, or speed; you'll be defined by your heart, you'll be defined by your passion." Coach Mike Ayers
BigJohn94
2011 Pickem Champ

Postby lawdog on Fri May 15, 2015 10:04 pm

Keep your chin up, WG94. We have had a good week. Especially in baseball, anybody can beat anybody anytime. We did not play badly, except we did not get timely hitting and had one bad defensive inning. The best thing we can do is come in to the tourney as fresh as possible. Our chances remain as good as anyone's.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball