Southern Conference Champions - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012
FCS Playoffs - 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016
FCS Playoff Semifinalists - 2003
FCS Playoff Quarterfinalists- 2016

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Recruiting 2006

Postby BestOfBreed on Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:39 pm

February 1st is Signing Day

The recruiting info was getting too hard to manage as a post so I moved it to it's own page:

http://www.terrierfans.com/recruiting2006.php

Feel free to continue to add or discuss any recruiting news in this thread.
Last edited by BestOfBreed on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:54 pm, edited 15 times in total.
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby woffwoff on Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:15 pm

Are those the only two DB's you've heard about?
I saw an article about a TE that was offered but would rather walk on to USC. Some guys want to be able to say they played for a "known" name school, even if they never touch the grass, than go to a lesser known (but higher quality) school. JK USC is a fine school but it aint Wofford.
GO Terriers.
Woff Woff
woffwoff

Postby BestOfBreed on Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:07 pm

woffwoff wrote:Are those the only two DB's you've heard about?
I saw an article about a TE that was offered but would rather walk on to USC. Some guys want to be able to say they played for a "known" name school, even if they never touch the grass, than go to a lesser known (but higher quality) school. JK USC is a fine school but it aint Wofford.
GO Terriers.
Woff Woff

I added another DB that I heard about and a couple of other players tonight. It's hard to find information for small schools :(

27 days until signing day...
BestOfBreed
Site Admin

Postby woffwoff on Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:50 am

Mychael Johnson CB Jack Britt 5-10, 170
Interest from Wofford, G.-Webb, Ohio, J. Madison

According to a prep site this young man has an offer.
4.6 40 - Here is an excerpt from the article about him

"He's just an explosive athlete on the field and any time he touches the ball you've got to hold your breath," he said. "He's averaging about 40 yards a kick return and 20 yards a punt return on the season. He also has three interceptions this season and had two on Friday."
woffwoff

Postby woffwoff on Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:25 pm

My bad. I read the article after I posted my question. I didn't realize that 12 games was a done deal.
woffwoff

Postby Eyes of Old Main on Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:10 am

woffwoff wrote:Mychael Johnson CB Jack Britt 5-10, 170
Interest from Wofford, G.-Webb, Ohio, J. Madison

According to a prep site this young man has an offer.
4.6 40 - Here is an excerpt from the article about him

"He's just an explosive athlete on the field and any time he touches the ball you've got to hold your breath," he said. "He's averaging about 40 yards a kick return and 20 yards a punt return on the season. He also has three interceptions this season and had two on Friday."

According to the 1/11/06 update on ShowingBlitz.com, Mychael Johnson has verbally committed to Wofford.

No details were given, but this is the first report of any commitments I've seen. Time will tell if its accurate, but ShowingBlitz.com has been pretty good in the past.
Eyes of Old Main
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffwoff on Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:17 am

SCpreps does show him as a commitment. Good news. Visits start soon, right? And signing day is right around the bend.
Go Terriers
woffwoff

Postby Terriertime on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:06 pm

First recruiting week-end was last week-end. 24 kids came in, and 9 have committed so far. This week-end six or 7 are coming in. I hear through the grapevine that Terrier coaches would like to sign about 17-18 kids, so picking up at least 9 on the first week-end was a solid effort. One area of concern- Zero O-line commits. I hope they land some this week-end. since this is usually the Terriers strongest position year in and year out.
Terriertime

Postby woffwoff on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:21 pm

how many oliners are they looking for? seems like they got a bunch last year. of course have to keep the pipeline filled. Any QB's looking at signing on?
woffwoff

Postby Terriertime on Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:54 pm

The O-line situation has changed because Brad Anderson and Davy Olmsted are not coming back for their fifth season of eligability b/c of injuries, and Jake Simmons and Ben Friday are not returning to the team. Also, Johnathan Hathaway (signing class of '04) did not return this summer, and 2 lineman are coming off shoulder surgery Marty Bauer (both shoulders) and Ben Miller. You can see the O-line is a little bit thin, although the players they do have are very capable. They just simply need more bodies. I can't believe O-line recruits aren't jumping all over this situation, becasue as you can see, the prospects will have a great chance to play over the next several years. At QB, I know we have recruited some, but I am not sure if we will sign one or not. I think the strategy is to sign one this year or next year.
Terriertime

Postby woffwoff on Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:45 am

That is a shame about Brad and Davey being injured. I wish them the best and I know their education will take them as far as they want.

On another note, any JUCO transfers looking as the terrirers? Do the coaches seek out JUCO players?
woffwoff

Postby Terriertime on Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:59 pm

Coach Ayers and staff do not usually recruit JUCO's. Most probably couldn't handle the academics at Wofford.
Terriertime

Postby gofurman on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:42 pm

Terriertime wrote:Coach Ayers and staff do not usually recruit JUCO's. Most probably couldn't handle the academics at Wofford.

yep, only app and gsu and chatt take Juco boys..
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions
85' 01' national finalists
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Postby gofurman on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:47 pm

gofurman wrote:
Terriertime wrote:Coach Ayers and staff do not usually recruit JUCO's. Most probably couldn't handle the academics at Wofford.

yep, only app and gsu and chatt take Juco boys..

good info - i like you all's board...always interested where these guys actually have offers from and not just interest'...we got one who had offers from southern miss, navy, tylane, etc...excited about him...good luck
go paladins
Socon's winningest program
88' national champions
85' 01' national finalists
gofurman
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffwoff on Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:13 pm

There isn't a lot of information about recuiting for anything other than the guys who are going 1-A. The SC preps site has a database but you have to pay to view the information- I did a 7-day free trial and then didn't sign up because of the lack of information on AA. Crazy cause in my opinion the difference between the two programs is only money and how many guys can get a full - ride. The quality of the ball players is the same as far as the guys that get money, it is a difference between how many. Showingblitz has some information but he never finished his evaluation of last years signing classes. It will be great when a site dedicated to 1AA shows up. Such a site would definatly show the nation the caliber of player that goes 1AA. If I had the know how I'd do it, but alas. DJ and BOB- this site is so great you should give it a go!
woffwoff

Next

Return to Football