2015 SoCon Tourney Thread

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Re: 2015 SoCon Tourney Thread

Postby Ruckus on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:49 am

Amen.
I saw a pretty knowledgeable FU guy last night who commented that they were ready for Skinner to graduate. And he had zero offers out of high school. ZERO.
I too like our chances in the last minute of a tourney game if we are close. We saw it at NC State and FU this week. These guys don't wilt under pressure and don't shy away from the big moment. They make plays; some how, some way. They find a way to win. I have seen MY quoted more than once this year: we will figure it out and find a way.
The team has Skinner's mindset: T-O-U-G-H.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:18 pm

His heart has been huge from day one ... it really stood out. He has been the poster child for hard work, enthusiasm, and team leadership. His skill set was not the greatest, but the last half of this season he really blossomed with his moves near the basket and the little jumper, without which we lose to Furman and don't dance. His passing has become very good as well. He is peaking at just the perfect time.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:00 pm

He's the epitome of the Mike Ayers quote:

"There will be times when you're gonna get whipped, stand up and fight again, fight again, and fight again!"
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball