Wofford NCAA Tourney Media Coverage

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Wofford NCAA Tourney Media Coverage

Postby Hobo on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:38 am

I always enjoy all the media hits.
First one I have seen is MY will be on the Tim Brando radio show at 11am today (20 minutes from now). I think this is the link
http://tunein.com/radio/The-Tim-Brando-Show-p32318/
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Re: Wofford NCAA Tourney Media Coverage

Postby Hobo on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:24 am

It never came on at the link above, but I suspect the archive will be posted at some point. If you see anything else, please post it here!
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby fgs44 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:30 am

It was another great interview for Coach. He is developing quite a national reputation, and is very well thought of by all of his peers. Bobby Cremins, yesterday, called him of of the best coaches in the country.
fgs44
True Terrier Fan

Postby WTFan on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:56 am

Hope we can keep him.
WTFan
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:10 pm

How do you not like Mike Young? Hard worker, great heart, nice to everyone, talented.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby WoCo65 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:14 pm

I hear Clemson will be looking for a new coach. Clemson is not that far from Spartanburg and could allow MY's wife to still maintain her partnership with her law firm. I wonder if he would leave Wofford for the politics of D1 BB if given the opportunity?
WoCo65
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:23 pm

Good point but I am not sure that's direction the Tigers want to take (if they even get rid of Brownell at all- I sure wouldn't). Small program, different student-athlete, ACC competition etc.
I even thought of the Cid job if he wants to get to C-town so bad.
My guess is he will be in the mix for the Liberty job (chance to go home to Va.) although AD Jeff Barber is mighty tight with CSU HC Barclay Radabaugh (former WoCo assistant BTW), as well as many others. He will have many chances to leave (as he already has had) if he wants to. But with the new Richardson IS coming soon, who knows. Would love to name the court the Mike Young Floor as well as the Mike Ayers Field.
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby Atldog7 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Seth Greenberg was also very complimentary of Mike on the post-game yesterday also calling him one of the best coaches in the country. Some of that is probably hyperbole for TV, but there is no denying the accomplishments of our program for the last 6 years. It would definitely hurt to lose him but you know some major programs are going to be calling for sure. Some programs may shy away from his theory of basketball because it is no frills, hard, tenacious defense that doesn't come off as sexy on TV or Sportscenter but if you are looking for results, he's gonna get 'em. Virginia strikes me as a team with a very similar philosophy who has gotten excellent results lately with that approach at the highest level. They win ugly but they win.
Atldog7
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier13 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:30 pm

I agree with Ruckus- Brownell has been the best basketball coach Clemson has had in a while (if not ever). For a school where football drives the AD, Brownell keeps basketball respectable and I think Clemson is ok with that. I would hope MY wouldn't think of taking the Citadel or Liberty jobs- those would definitely be a step down in prestige from what he's created at Wofford. In addition, it's got to be much more difficult to recruit at those two schools as well, given the student body makeup. If he jumps, I expect it to be to an FBS level school, if not Power 5.
Terrier13
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Coach Young is scheduled to be on Spartanburg's Open Mic Daily with Mark Hauser at 3:45pm.
I can't listen, but I am sure one of yall can!

http://www.woli-am.com/
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:05 pm

I honestly don't see any good/obvious reason to leave what he has here.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Ruckus on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:11 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Ruckus
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:12 pm

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:35 pm

Can't help but feel good for Wisconsin heading to Final Four. They are a class act and play like a team is supposed to play. It is a pleasure to watch. Ky may destroy them, but they play great defense and a controlled motion offense. Notice any similarities?
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Terrier13 wrote:I agree with Ruckus- Brownell has been the best basketball coach Clemson has had in a while (if not ever). For a school where football drives the AD, Brownell keeps basketball respectable and I think Clemson is ok with that. I would hope MY wouldn't think of taking the Citadel or Liberty jobs- those would definitely be a step down in prestige from what he's created at Wofford. In addition, it's got to be much more difficult to recruit at those two schools as well, given the student body makeup. If he jumps, I expect it to be to an FBS level school, if not Power 5.

Mike Young would have to have to have his head examined if he considered The Citadel. That is a dead end job.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Next

Return to Men's Basketball