@ Purple Pukes, 2/28 4 PM

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Re: @ Purple Pukes, 2/28 4 PM

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Trying to pull away a bit now, up 36-28. It looks like we're getting our ducks in a row.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby walliver on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:50 pm

woffordgrad94 wrote:Trying to pull away a bit now, up 36-28. It looks like we're getting our ducks in a row.

You may have spoken too soon.
walliver
True Terrier Fan

Postby Terrier13 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:17 pm

52-50, we hang on at the end. They hit a desperation 3 to make it look a little closer than it was. Still, there seemed to be a lack of focus in our guys this evening as Furman outshot us tonight by a pretty steep margin which negated our rebound, offensive rebound, and turnover advantages. Sometimes your opponent is just hot when you're not (they banked a 3 at the shot clock buzzer and hit several last second heaves). Glad we won and time to put this game in the rear view mirror. On to Asheville!
Terrier13
True Terrier Fan

Postby T-Dog 4 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:23 pm

Win ugly, just win baby. That's been our way this year. Holding off all of these furious charges is not easy on any of us, but we are finding ways to get er done. Time to rest up a bit for the big run in Asheville.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
-Theodore Roosevelt
T-Dog 4
True Terrier Fan

Postby boulder3m on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:28 pm

Five three shot prayers that Furman threw up were answered-to our one! Still, you have to give Furman credit. They had two freshmen that played great for them, and the others picked it up. I had the ETSU/Mercer game on TV with the sound off, and it was just as much of a war. The way this game was officiated was just weird. In the first half they called anything and everything. Over 20 fouls called in the first half as compared to 4 on Thursday night. Then in the second half they let guys knock each other down with no calls-except for a bunch of ticky tack calls. Very bizarre. I give our guys credit for playing through it. In many ways it was a strange game. HOWEVER-this is a 25 game winning team during the regular season. That is fantastic. Now another season starts for our guys.
By the way- I happened to notice before the game on ESPN that we were a 9 point favorite, and the over and under was 120. That fifth 3 point heave by Furman at the buzzer took it from a 119 total to 122! And, those 5 3 pointers that were truly prayers thrown up by Furman accounted for 15 points. How do they know?.....
boulder3m
True Terrier Fan

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:19 pm

I'll be honest. When I heard Croone was out, I thought we'd blow them out for sure. But they hit some very unlikely shots while we had a subpar game shooting it. Plus I think they were probably just more fired up than us. We had that #1 seed cliched going into this one. We are fortunate they only made 5 of 12 free throws...we could have easily been toast today. Hopefully we got all of the bad shooting out of our system because if we play like this in Asheville I don't have to tell you what will happen. I think our guys will step it up another level in the tourney though, just like they did a year ago. Go Terriers! And 25-6 is a great season no matter how you slice it...that is a record to be proud of!
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Postby youngterrier on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:57 pm

Yeah, this could have been the perfect storm for an upset

We obviously did not take them seriously, and their crowd got challenged with the many many Terrier fans there. They also got a few prayer shots fall through.

You have to be happy about the Terriers, 25-6 is not a record to spit at, especially considering that ties the best record we've ever had through 31 games. This was also the most socon wins we've ever had. But none of that matters in the Socon tourney. We're 0-0 right now. I don't know what the bracket looks like (we either play the winner of UNCG/Samford or Samford/Citadel), but now is the best time to play one game at a time.

On another note, Furman fans/graduates can talk smack about the benjo, but I honestly think Timmons is an abomination of a basketball facility. Multipurpose has no purpose.
Study hard, Work Hard, Party Hard, Go Terriers!
youngterrier
True Terrier Fan

Postby Hobo on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:04 pm

Timmons is awful. Great game by Lee and seeing Gordan's dunk live was a treat.
Here it is again
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout ... S6Epxznykc
Hobo
True Terrier Fan

Postby lawdog on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:52 am

lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Previous

Return to Men's Basketball