Wofford Traditons??

General Discussion

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Postby Rip Tyler on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:29 am

Dude, your point is very valid. There's nothing that can re-create the atmosphere surrounding a winning program! Elon has a very good band, a cannon, fans who actually watch and cheer,plus a beautiful venue for football, but the program has yet to catch up.

Wofford has a tradition of excellence and winning, so there's a great foundation in place from which to build even more excitement surrounding the event!
A larger,louder student student/fan base is a start-but maybe that's not the "Wofford Way"....
Rip Tyler
True Terrier Fan

Postby TERRIERMOM on Wed May 02, 2007 12:38 pm

When the team is coming on to the field, they have started a new tradition with some kind of cheer. This is fun and gets them charged up. Maybe the fans could join in. Also, last year, sitting in the stands of other schools with other Wofford parents, we had to listen to the "And there's another Blank blank blank FIRST DOWN"! We finally got so tired of listening to them, our team was playing so well, we started saying the same thing. It really made for a good time. Our own band would be great!
TERRIERMOM

Postby canman on Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:06 pm

During basketball games they should dim down the lights, get a spot light out and play some good intro music while introducing the starting lineup. something to create a good atmosphere and get the fans in the game. it ll pump up the players too
canman

Postby Rip Tyler on Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:43 pm

Ok-according to the countdown clock at the top of the page, we have just 48 days to get this band thing accomplished by the first game! And what's the deal on the new fight song? Anyone heard it??

I like the idea of a all-star high school band, but so many high school bands have their own competition's on Saturday's now. It might be tough to get a group together.

Ideas??(other than passing out kazoo's to the student body..)

Go Wofford!!!!
Rip Tyler
True Terrier Fan

Postby BubbaDog on Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:21 pm

I just graduated this spring, and attended many of the home football and basketball games. There was a pep band for the past 2 years at basketball games, but I believe they had trouble getting many members. The first year was pretty bad, they had a selection of about 2 songs. Many times they played at the same time music was playing over the speakers or when the cheerleaders were cheering. The worst was probably that they played "Another One Bites the Dust" when WE were down by 10 points, pretty disheartening.

I hadn't heard anything about fight song, but I do know steps are being taken to increase student participation at games. I was involved in the Flag Corps that carried the flags during football and basketball games. I enjoyed it, but I don't know how much of an effect it had on the crowd.
BubbaDog
2012 Pickem Champ

Postby TURKEYCREEK on Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:13 am

The Western Carolina band played at halftime and they were outstanding. Probably the best college band I have ever seen and heard.

Speaking of bands, I read that there will be 4 high school bands playing at homecoming. This was from the Wofford website
TURKEYCREEK
2008 Bowl Pickem Co-Champ

Previous

Return to Off Topic Conversations