Hiwassee 2/11 7 pm

SoCon Champs - 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Moderators: dungeonjoe, BestOfBreed

Hiwassee 2/11 7 pm

Postby woffordgrad94 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:14 pm

The Hiwassee College Tigers come to Spartanburg for a 7pm tip Tuesday. Hiwassee is an NAIA program from Madisonville, Tennessee and the school's enrollment is just over 300. At first I wondered why we'd schedule such a game in the midst of our most important conference stretch run, but I guess it is so we won't have another whole week off before playing again at App Saturday afternoon. I guess it is very hard to schedule non-conference games for this time of year and our options were extremely limited. Hiwassee has played Chattanooga (lost 86-68) and Gardner-Webb (lost 90-54) this season. I guess the goal Tuesday is to stay sharp and perhaps get everyone some good minutes in what will likely be a glorified scrimmage. The thing is a winter storm is predicted to hit the Spartanburg area Tuesday and Wednesday. Ice and/or snow may cause this game to be postponed or even cancelled. we just may end up with a week off anyway. I know there will not be a ton of interest for a game like this, but I hope we can get it in just for the sake of being able to get on the court and stay sharp and focused.
woffordgrad94
True Terrier Fan

Return to Men's Basketball