Yarusi Out

Southern Conference Champions - 2007

Moderators: BestOfBreed, dungeonjoe

Yarusi Out

Postby DiamondTerrier on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:09 pm

Just heard that Brandon Yarusi may be done for the year. Had a MRI of his pitching arm. Has complained of soreness in his elbow for weeks but coaching staff kept running him out to the mound. I hope his senior years don't end this way.
DiamondTerrier

Re: Yarusi Out

Postby TheTerrier on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Good thing he didn't pitch against Furman on Sunday when his elbow was bothering him
TheTerrier

Postby DiamondTerrier on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:47 am

That's the problem. He did pitch that Sunday. I was told that was when the damage was done. Should have been a warning sign when he kept shaking his arm and stretching his shoulder for most of the game while he was on the mound. They just kept putting a heating pad on it between innings and running him back out to the mound. Last Sunday is when he couldn't get out of the first inning. But the damage had already been done the week before. I understand that he has to tell the staff and trainers when something is wrong but the ultimate decision is on the staff and the trainer. I feel bad for him. He did a good job for us the last few years.
DiamondTerrier

Postby lawdog on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:57 pm

I agree with you DT. I hope Brandon recovers ok - I have always admired his effort and savvy and from what I hear he would have a good chance at the next level.
lawdog
True Terrier Fan

Return to Baseball